Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: possible use full 4 Gb ga-h55m-s2hp

Default Re: possible use full 4 Gb ga-h55m-s2hp

The packaging reads:

"Packaging produced in China
    Motherboard produced in Brazil "

Lsdmeasap I appreciate the help and effort but do not want to work for you!

You've done a lot!

I will try this:

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post368817

Who knows ...

Thank you and have a Good Night

Hqx

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

What does it say printed on the PCB itself though?

That info isn't going to help, but you can try. He was just lucky to find one possible fix, that worked in his situation for missing/failed memory channels, this isn't what you are seeing or you would have a whole module worth of unavailable memory.

I'll run some tests on my end this weekend, but it's a different board and BIOS so mine may be ok, if not we'll know it's a H55 series BIOS issue and I'll send in a report again and see if they can look further into this.

This is her

http://br.giga-byte.com/FileList/Ima...m-s2hp_big.jpg

I think the problem MAY be of any lot, since we have seen the same problem with another user and you even posted a picture of the recognition of complete 4Gb with H55 and the user is unable to do the same.

With that image was shown that the H55 can indeed have 4 Gb fully recognized.

The only thing I want to know is if this problem that is interfering with the detection of 4 GB can be corrected with a new bios or I have to face it as an unsolved problem and buying another gigabyte (honestly only trust the gigabyte, the only I sure have a good support)

I wanted to know where it says it was made, on your actual boards PCB. It will be written in white silkscreen like the board revision and all the other writing on the PCB, you'll find it on the outer edge.

I just completed some testing for you, and I have found similar results. With a CPU with onboard GFX 4GB total available is not possible, and with a CPU without onboard GFX 4GB shows as installed/total, but there is still some 40MB or so reserved. It should show all memory for the 875K, and the 855K when onboard is disabled. My results are different than what you are having, as your issues are the same as what I get with 655K onboard disabled, either way it should show 4GB total when using a PCIE card so something is not right.

I have sent in a report tonight on this, with my testing results and a link to your issue and the other one I was previously helping with (possible use full 4gb h55m-ud2h)

I'll let you know once I hear back from them. I mentioned that I think they need to add a BIOS setting "Onboard VGA = Disabled", instead of just the setting available now "Disable If". I see Onboard GFX Voltage still present in 655K with a PCIE Card installed, so that leads me to believe it may not be totally disabled and that may be what's causing these issues. And I am really not sure why you are seeing these issues, since your CPU does not have a onboard GPU to begin with, you should see the same as what i see with 875K.

My testing results using H55N-USB3:

Click images to enlarge.

Min GFX Settings used - VGA Settings (Ctrl + F1) DVMT Set = 128MB / Onchip Frame Buffer Set = 32MB + 2MB Gtt

655K - Onboard GFX used

655K - 4890 Installed

875K - 4890 installed (4GB Showing in System Properties and taskmanager, but see notes)

Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 08-28-2010 at 03:25 PM.

I wanted to know where it says it was made, on your actual boards PCB. It will be written in white silkscreen like the board revision and all the other writing on the PCB, you'll find it on the outer edge.
    I just completed some testing for you, and I have found similar results.
    With a CPU with onboard GFX 4GB total available is not possible, and with a CPU without onboard GFX 4GB shows as installed/total, but there is still some 40MB or so reserved.
    Just now I saw the message, I open the machine and if possible get a camera to take some pictures to help!

Thank you for doing the test and sorry for the inconvenience and work that caused you and especially the time spent.

Thanks for your help, effort and attention!

Hqx

It's no problem for me to test and help, that's why I am here! It's no inconvenience to me, and only took me a few minutes to check, no problem!

I just edited my post a little bit, so you might want to read it again.

I don't have to see any pictures, unless you are not sure what I am asking and you just want me to look. You can just look and tell me, you should see "Made in Brazil or Taiwan/Taipei" on the edge, maybe under the PCI slots or by the rear panel.

It's not too important though, I just wondered since you mentioned Brazil.

At the bottom, says it was made here in Brazil and packaging in China

I do not understand why it is written on the packaging S2HP-TO?

A few more ...

Taipei? The packaging did not say made in Brazil and this card is only available on the website of Brazil?

Questions in the air ...

Sorry for the photos is the first time I am using this camera

Thank you and Good Afternoon!

Taipei is in Taiwan, Gigabyte's headquarters. And it looks like your board was made there as well.

I'll let you know once I hear back from the BIOS engineers on my report

A response from gigabyte support that should help clarify the limitations of chipset H55

If what they say is true ...

My bios is setting aside more than allowed for a Lynnfield

And the images raised by Lsdmeasap could be less memory
    Last edited by Hqxriven; 08-31-2010 at 07:29 PM.

Very detailed, but leaving out what many of those descriptions or abbreviations makes it difficult to know what some of it means? I understand some of what they are saying though, I think :)

So they are saying no matter what H55 shares memory, at least 36864k, so it would always be less than installed even with Lynnfield?

Why, what is that share for, especially if there is no onboard GFX in use (Disabled or VGA card installed)?

I guess I would better understand if we knew what those abbreviations mean, such as T-SEG or ME. I don't see why MMIO is used, at least not permanently - could have been temp when needed, but I'm not a board or chipset designer so I suppose it was needed.

I still do not understand why memory is reserved for a Lynnfield CPU, it shouldn't be needed and they did not explain why it's is reserved either, but at least they did take the time to explain and make out that graph for you so that was nice.
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 08-31-2010 at 09:24 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information