Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: possible use full 4 Gb ga-h55m-s2hp

Default possible use full 4 Gb ga-h55m-s2hp

Intel i5-750 Gigabyte ga-h55m s2hp, F3 and F4 (latest BIOS)
    XFX GTS 250 1GB
    XFX 750W PSU
    4GB of GEIL (2x2GB DIMMs) - rated DDR3 1333 1.5v

Tested with value Kingston and Coursair and the problem persist

I bought a motherboard ga-h55m-s2hp and unfortunately she is not using the full 4 Gb system perfectly in a 64-bit only 3.8 GB

Memtest does not accuse errors

I'm using the i5 750 and a video card offboard and the bios continues reserving memory even with video offboard.

In the bios detecting 4Gb is made, but upon entering the system 64-bit operating it incorrectly reserve memory.

The problem I have occurs in other motherboards from gigabyte with other users

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...h55m-ud2h.html

***Gigabyte H55/H57 motherboard discussion*** - Overclockers UK Forums

GA-H55M-UD2H & 4GB memory

This decreased my performance since it does not i use the full 4 Gb of dual channel only 3.8

Test all the hardware with other ga-h55m-s2hp and the problems persisted

Test all the hardware with another motherboard (ASUS) and no problems and pins are no problem, which demonstrates that there is a defect manufacture this motherboard or bios.

I hope my problem is resolved as quickly as possible because I'm a customer and like the gigabyte mark and I remain a customer.

Sorry for bad English.

Default Re: possible use full 4 Gb ga-h55m-s2hp

i think its normal for it to reserve 120mb for hardware like onboard graphics even if you have a graphics card installed,asus boards are different,maybe newer bios will fix this? i dont know
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This can not be normal. This is a failure.

Possibly a flaw that was not observed in tests and can be fixed by a bios update.

Note well the "Activates the onboard graphics only if no PCI Express graphics card is installed"

And still reserving memory for activation, the problem is here.

My processor is an i5 750 and it has no VGA on it.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Please send in a report here guys
    Technical Support - GIGABYTE

Have you cleared the CMOS for an extended period? How about update the BIOS with Qflash, and disable "Keep DMI Data"?

Always with Qflash!!

Report done

Keep DMI Data disabled as well?

Let me know what their reply back is.

I know some other users as mentioned above also had some similar issues and GIGABYTE Tested and sent me images of it working properly, yet those users still had issues so not sure what the problem is?

I followed this tutorial:

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ash-guide.html

I know some other users as mentioned above also had some similar issues and GIGABYTE Tested and sent me images of it working properly, yet those users still had issues so not sure what the problem is?
    There are two possibilities:

Works

If the images show that gigabyte card with another bios and make available the same and recognize all the ram on my machine here know what the problem was simply the bios and continue with my motherboard.

Rubbish

If the images show that gigabyte card with the same bios or other functioning properly and that does not work I be sure that the problem is the motherboard and can not be corrected.

Possibly a bad batch problem, some kind of defect on the motherboard or some type of failure, whereas the asus boards and other work normally.

Also because I tested two processors, 3 memories and 2 video cards that work fine on other machines (even though my friends helped me)

Arrive at this conclusion.

Well the image I mentioned is this post, where I contacted them directly and they setup a test platform and had no issues. BIOS version is shown
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post360344

Let me know if support does not get back to you in a few days

The problem is that my motherboard is produced in Brazil it is not even on the international site of gigabyte.

Maybe that's why has not the quality standard gigabyte, maybe even be problems in the material used (recently problems with sockets foxconn which was revised up to what happened with several brands, but how many people and shops have version problems yet? ?).

So I think it will be difficult for them to have this card s2hp there (might have to leave one here in Brazil to test and perhaps that traveled here have had this problem corrected or another review).

Never had a problem with gigabyte that could not be fixed with bios update, with the help of the support that is affordable and has quality or even having to do a rma (but then bought another gigabyte).

Besides, I always recommend the gigabyte

Qual mobo soquete 1156 na faixa de R$ 250-350?

So I have a brand preference gigabyte and if all goes well I intend in September to buy another motherboard to get more resources (GA-P55A-UD3 (rev. 2.0) - GIGABYTE # ov)

I'm just waiting for the solution ...

Thanks for the help Lsdmeasap!

Hqx
    Last edited by Hqxriven; 08-27-2010 at 04:58 AM.

Does the PCB say made in Brazil too?

I agree, if it is a BIOS issue I'm sure they can fix it. I don't have your exact board, but I do have a H55N-USB3 that I plan to test this with for you. I'll check with a CPU with onboard GFX, with it disabled and then enabled, then I will also test with a CPU without onboard GFX. If I see similar issues then we'll know it's due to a BIOS issue

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information