Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help with my Bios Settings.

Ronb is offline Member

Default Re: Need help with my Bios Settings.

When i set the system voltage control to manual i get a red flashing warning saying the system voltage isn't optimized. if i set it to auto the warning goes away but i can't adjust the voltage for the memory. For now i'm going to set it to auto to remove the warning.

Ronb is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    CPU-Z is a software you can load from the programs sticky at the top of the forum, it has several tabs.
    You can run several instances of it each showing different tab, and make s creen capture of all of them.
    Can't take a screen capture of BIOS.
    You applied FSB manually or just optimized defaults fixed it? I am concerned about the value BIOS set automatically.
    Have you tried clearing the CMOS before and if yes for how long?
    no i haven't cleared the cmos. i will download the program later. i did try once before and the link was no good. i'd rather set these things myself if possible. i really havn't gone in and touched much of these settings.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Some of the settings will have to be set manually anyway, but when the BIOS set wrong settings automatically it suggest that there may be other problems as well.

I suggest you begin with a 30 minutes BIOS clear, battery out and CLR_CMOS jumper shorted. Uf this doesn't solve the CPU frequency try a longer overnight or even 24 hours clear.

Ronb is offline Member

can we hold off on that as a last resort. according to the book these are the defaults so i'm not sure they're wrong

What CPU do you have?

Ronb is offline Member

Intel E6750

Default FSB for E6750 is 333, if BIOS show anything else after loading optimized defaults and reboot than something is wrong.

Ronb is offline Member

FSB can only be set at +0.1 increments from what the book says. These settings for the most part have been like this since i got the board about 5 years ago. I got the info from cpu-z but i can't post it on here
    Last edited by Ronb; 09-02-2010 at 09:32 AM.

And it did show 100 for host frequency all the time you have it? It could be something that just happen recently or since you last flashed BIOS.

Crop the needed are only and save as PNG format, that should be small enough to post as attachment, or you can upload it to a media sharing service like YinyPic or Photobucket and post the link to it here.

Ronb is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    And it did show 100 for host frequency all the time you have it? It could be something that just happen recently or since you last flashed BIOS.

Crop the needed are only and save as PNG format, that should be small enough to post as attachment, or you can upload it to a media sharing service like YinyPic or Photobucket and post the link to it here.
    oh you meant the host cpu. It was disabled the whole time i had it so i doubt whatever the value was mattered. It was always 100 which seems to be a default. You lost me on the crop part. I'm trying to put it in a word doc but this isn't working. Do i use the Insert Image to post as an attachment?
    I think i have it.
    Last edited by Ronb; 09-02-2010 at 10:03 AM.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information