Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: X58A-UD5 Rev 2.0 max Blck problem

Default Re: X58A-UD5 Rev 2.0 max Blck problem

Ive gone upto 130 pci-e, i read that whole thread at xs about the mod and saw all of them go from <220 upto 230-250, i was like damn why can't i do that. Are there any 930's that can pull off over 230? or does it have to be golden batch 920 or 930? I'm guessing 980x would do it just fine as would a xenon. WHat processor are you using and what type of cooling?

Rant- I used to have a phase changer chilly1 made me, i paid him 300 bucks, and 100 more shipping, that damn thing would do -52 at idle and -47 load(around 200-220 watts), it was magical and looked nice, never lost any of my boards to condensation either, im really thinking about going back to someone who still makes em and buy one. After i got my WR on my 561 i sold it for the same price i bought it for, then kind of got out of them game, didnt buy anything new until the c2q came out, it isnt like it used to be i guess. ahaha i didnt have enough money to spend 1k on a 980, but its a lot better getting a 6 core for 1k than an EE lol.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ahh, I dunno about 930's? I know they kinda suck in general, and I haven't seen much High Bclk action on them so I couldn't say for sure but I bet that is your issue then.

I'd look for a older 920, not a new one. On UD4P w/ mod I could do 239 with 920 or 965, I think it was the board limit not sure as I haven't tried those CPU's yet on my UD7, using 106-109 PCIE worked best for me. On my UD7 I can do 246 on water with 980x, bootable at 245, I think I only needed used 103-107 for that. PCI card and IDE drives can often help too, that way PCIE freq isn't affecting anything

I'm getting ready to buy a Phase from Sdumper or NoL over at OCN, gonna be twice that price though. As of now though I did all my older high Bclk runs on Dry Ice, with UD4P (W/ Mod) and UD7, it'll be nice to go phase and not have to hassle with pickup up dry ice, using it all then, ect. Phase I can do anytime for any period I want then quit, it'll be great!

980x is great, the uncore changes make so much more possible over the previous gen CPU's.

yea too bad they are so expensive, ill probably wait until sandybridge comes out and buy a used 980x or a cheaper one. The phase change would be an awsome option, i really loved it and never lost any hardware to it, dielectric grease was my best friend :). Too bad they are so expensive still, i would think now that so many people overclock they would become a little more mainstream and a little cheaper, but it seems nothing has gotten cheaper :(

Ebay makes them no too awful expensive, and I see them from time to time on forums for $700-800.

Do you have 2 x 1366 CPU's? If you do, you could send me the one you are trying to get a high Bclk with and I could tell you if it's your CPU or not :) (Seriously)

no just the one, i appreciat it though. Its my main comp.

Ahh, well if you ever come across one you can borrow for a week or two let me know, then I can test this one for you if you like.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information