Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte x58 udr3 BSOD HELP PLEASE

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte x58 udr3 BSOD HELP PLEASE

Please post them here in a template format, it's much easier for us to look at and easier to advise back that way.

I'll look now though and see if I see anything off

CPU PLL can be less

XMP Disable

Use Expert Dram timing selectable that way you can see if you have a failed channel. Set each channel one by one always, failing channels will show as N/A or - for the main timings. You can't see that in quick mode.

QPI/Vtt may need more or less

done that made no other changes as it seems fine. ill see when i boot tomorrow wat happens since im stable after 3 reboots
    Intel i7 950
    Gigabyte UD3R X58
    6GB Corsair XMS3 2000mhz
    620w Corsair HX
    2x Nvidia 460 GTX 1GB SLI
    2x 150gb Velociraptors Raid 0
    Thermalright 120
    Lian Li Tower

So all was good using expert? I mean after reboot did you check to be sure none of the channels had N/A?

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamonia View Post
    done that made no other changes as it seems fine. ill see when i boot tomorrow wat happens since im stable after 3 reboots

I've looked over this whole thread and IMHO the main problem with your method is that I don't see where you've done any stability testing. BOOTING INTO WINDOWS ≠ STABLE SYSTEM.

Go back to your stock RAM settings and make sure you are stable using such tools as Prime95 or Intel Burn Test, Orthos, OCCT, etc. THEN once you are CERTAIN that you are stable, then you can look at OC'ng the memory. But honestly, OC'ng the memory really isn't going to give you anything beyond a very negligible increase. Personally, I wouldn't bother.

Also, based on nothing but pure superstition, I would stay far away from Windows programs that affect your BIOS settings. No reason not to OC in the BIOS itself.

Ok i just rebooted and ran linx and im not stable i BSOD. The ram is underclocked at 1600mhz its rated at 2000mhz. im going to go back to optmised defaults and run linx again. 20 passes see if it works on at stock.
    Intel i7 950
    Gigabyte UD3R X58
    6GB Corsair XMS3 2000mhz
    620w Corsair HX
    Thermalright 120
    Lian Li Tower

I did some linx testing t 4.0ghz CPU and also 1066 Ram and that came back fine. it was when i moved the ram to 1600mhz that issues started. this is rated at 2000mhz so 1600mhz should be a doddle. i think i independantly tested the ram at 1750 and cpu t 2ghz and ram was fine. so its when they both work together they fail
    Intel i7 950
    Gigabyte UD3R X58
    6GB Corsair XMS3 2000mhz
    620w Corsair HX
    Thermalright 120
    Lian Li Tower

Ya it should be possible for sure, you just have to find the right settings is all.

Higher uncore can help too, so you might want to use x18 uncore (While ram is using x8 of course), then up the QPI/Vtt slowly until you get it stable as that is probably the key voltage you need to address.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamonia View Post
    I did some linx testing t 4.0ghz CPU and also 1066 Ram and that came back fine. it was when i moved the ram to 1600mhz that issues started. this is rated at 2000mhz so 1600mhz should be a doddle. i think i independantly tested the ram at 1750 and cpu t 2ghz and ram was fine. so its when they both work together they fail
    If you're after only real-world gains, I would consider stopping here and then using some games or apps, whatever you intended to see if the speed is acceptable. And really, I don't see how it couldn't be.

The Core I7 is pretty damn easy to overclock compared to older chipsets. Consequently, when you haven't spent hours/days/months? continuously tweaking you maybe feel as though your work isn't done...but maybe it is...?

If you still want to go further with your memory, I'm afraid I'll be of little help since I never bothered on mine, and it's screaming fast still. My OC is at 3.8, 4.0 w/ Turbo.

yes it seems so, but i was told that higher uncore is harder to stabilise which is why i kept it to 16x.
    Intel i7 950
    Gigabyte UD3R X58
    6GB Corsair XMS3 2000mhz
    620w Corsair HX
    Thermalright 120
    Lian Li Tower

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information