Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-MA785GMT-UD2H Rev 1.0 F9 Won't wake from S3 suspend / sleep

Default Re: GA-MA785GMT-UD2H Rev 1.0 F9 Won't wake from S3 suspend / sleep

OK, thanks I did not realize that, as I said I thought it only solved a specific issue. Its a 4 core that I might be able to unlock to 6 cores. The F6 bios is for 6 cores so I'll just wait and see what happens.

Thanks

I went ahead and updated bios from f5 to f6 to f7 then to f8. I am doing this because the new cpu is a 960T Zosma and was released after the f9 bios. After the f8 flash it was OK so I tried to back it up just like I did the others. My problem is it won't backup. After this flash when I hit alt/f12 it brings up the boot drive order. So at this point I'm not sure of what it takes to back it up. Possibly reload the f8 files on the usb stick and try to flash it again and see what happens. Or on the boot drive screen that pops up choose USB HDD? and reboot. Problem is I don't know what that does exactly so I passed on that one. (Note, I am not in the boot order in the bios - its a pop up screen that appears when I use alt/f12.)

I don't want to use jumpers (that starts getting to technical for me) to go to the backup f7 because the computer functions just fine. Can I flash back to the the f7 bios if necessary loading it back on the usb stick? Anyway I'm stopped here, I planned to update to f9 after I backed up the current f8 but since it won't I need your help please.
    Thanks

I forgot to add, possibly go ahead and update to f9 and if that works then try to back it up?
    Also if I should have started a new thread, let me know.
    Last edited by Rodinaz; 12-08-2011 at 02:42 PM. Reason: add a comment

Chike is offline Senior Member

F12 bring a boot drive selection menu. The time to press alt+F12 is right after the keyboard lights flash (PS/2)

Huh? Sorry I don't get your answer. Yes it brings up a boot drive menu when I press alt+f12 after the keyboard flashes. I have to tap the f12 key or it boots into windows. I don't understand the PS2 part. The mouse is a USB mouse and keyboard is USB if that's what you mean? Could I get a little more detail from you or someone?

The previous times when I pressed alt+f12 it backed up the current bios to the backup. That is what I am trying to do. The USB stick is not inserted and it was not inserted on the previous backups. I just want to back it up before I flash to the last and final f9 bios. I'm no techie so I need more detail.

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information