Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Missing Memory On Overclock, Bios showing RAM on empty slot

Default Re: Missing Memory On Overclock, Bios showing RAM on empty slot

Nobody's commented on the screenshot I posted in the first post, whu its showing RAM in slot 4 i.e. ddr3_4 where no ram is installed.

SolidBladez is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by anupam_luv View Post
    I already tried interchanging the 3 RAM randomly but its always the middle slot which is not recognizing the RAM (when overclocked).... So it cant be the RAM
    No, I meant replace the RAM with another brand. I bet that will solve the issue. Or it could just be that the middle channel is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by SolidBladez View Post
    No, I meant replace the RAM with another brand. I bet that will solve the issue. Or it could just be that the middle channel is dead.
    Srry, was actually replying to Post# 9 by wazza300 ....
    n abt ur suggestion, I cant find any spare ddr3 ram 2 test but Ive tested by interchanging RAM in slots and everytime its the middle slot RAM which stops responding, thanks to crucial leds tht tell me whch RAM is workin n whch is not (LEDs stop blinking)... crucial leds actually blinks according to its usage.

it could be a number of things,could be not enough qpi/vtt voltage,could be a bios issue with that brand/model of ram,just because the middle slot fails when overclocked but works fine when not overclocked points to a bios or voltage issue to me idk
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    it could be a number of things,could be not enough qpi/vtt voltage,could be a bios issue with that brand/model of ram,just because the middle slot fails when overclocked but works fine when not overclocked points to a bios or voltage issue to me idk
    Ive played a lot with qpi/vtt , upped it to max 1.45 and also tried vcore as high as 1.45 but still the problem...

I cannot rule out the brand/model issue with bios but when I discussed this prob wid "lsdmeasasp" on Ballistix Tracer 6Gb DDR3 1600 (BL3KIT25664TB1608)... - Page 2 - Crucial Community ... he told me he's using same Kit with UD7 board (mine is UD3R) and he's using two XMP profiles (mine is showing only one) its may be diff stock as he's using BL3KIT25664TB1608.K16S and mine is BL3KIT25664TB1608.16FF ....

Look like Ive 2 google some people using same kit with UD3R...

Today I tested all the three RAMS (not one by one) using MEMTEST86+ 4.1 and it cleared 2 passes without any error...
    can smbdy recommend the better memory testing software.. ?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

It's very hard to see the full socket in any of your images, but I can see at least 2 bent pins in image 5, top and right side of the socket. There may be more on the bottom and or left side, but none of your images show those sides clear enough to be sure.

You for sure have 2 bent pins in the image I can best see things in. I have circled them here, from image 5 in your linked images.

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/8739/75824699.jpg

You will need to RMA, or attempt to fix these if you think you can. I am sure this is the issue, and you could have more than what I can see as well, but it only takes 1 pin to cause this and you have two that I can see as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    It's very hard to see the full socket in any of your images, but I can see at least 2 bent pins in image 5, top and right side of the socket. There may be more on the bottom and or left side, but none of your images show those sides clear enough to be sure.

You for sure have 2 bent pins in the image I can best see things in. I have circled them here, from image 5 in your linked images.

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/8739/75824699.jpg

You will need to RMA, or attempt to fix these if you think you can. I am sure this is the issue, and you could have more than what I can see as well, but it only takes 1 pin to cause this and you have two that I can see as of now.
    Thanks for taking time on observing the images, I will definitely try to straighten the pins, i knw its a real pain taking out the mobo but I'll do it within 2 days and respond to you, and also take some more clear pics of socket....

Thanks

Smile Re: Missing Memory On Overclock, Bios showing RAM on empty slot

Eureka!!!!!! the top right pin was the culprit.... using a blade I tried to move it to left (and hold it for 1 min ) ... n again captured the image (as I dnt hv any magnifyn glass) ... n chked if its aligned correctly.... and at the very first boot I changed setting to XMP , everythng else remained AUTO.... huge relief!,
    and lots of thanks to Lsdmeasap who kept on sayin tht its the bent pin as I was lookin to replace memory and/or goin' to buy a new mobo and send this board for RMA.... thanks a lot dear...

Now, Im back to find the perfect setting for 4Ghz overclock , with following settings , not stable yet ...
    CPU: i7 930
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Tracer 1600Mhz

Vcore 1.37
    qpi/vtt 1.29 (If I go above it bios resets itself sayin tht last setting was not ... blah blah...)

CPU Multi 21
    qpi clock x36
    Uncore x16
    Blck 190
    SPD x8

Memory Performance set to "Standard"
    Everything else AUTO....

Yet Unstable ..... prime95 either hangs or throws error or blue screen....

Any suggestions????

lsdme did well in spotting those bent pins,i admit i didnt spot it when i looked at the screenshots,you should be able to go higher with qpi/vtt,maybe disable xmp ad set the ram multiplier/timings and qpi/vtt yourself,i would try with 1.315000v for qpi/vtt
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information