Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: x58a-ud3r won't recognize usb keyboards during startup and keeps loosing onboard LAN

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: x58a-ud3r won't recognize usb keyboards during startup and keeps loosing onboard

I use MS keyboards without issues on these boards (Media Pro, Ergo 4000), but I do know that only certain ones will work properly with a PS/2 adapter.

Both of those MS ones are fine in windows and the BIOS though, with or without a PS/2 adapter

You don't have an old regular PS/2 laying around in the basement or attic? Can't steal/borrow one from a friend, work, neighbor?

Default Re: x58a-ud3r won't recognize usb keyboards during startup and keeps loosing onboard

Sorry no PS2 Kb lying around unfortunately. Will have replacement Mobo Monday so we will see what happens then.

Ahh well that's not too bad then.

In the meantime I'd try to find a cheap PS/2 keyboard, if you ebay you can get one for under $5, or I'm sure you can find one at a store for less than $10

Thanks,
    Wont try Ebay or internet as transport costs kill a lot of things in Aust and Kbs are so cheap anyway. Will point out that Adelaide S.A. is approx 1600 Km from Sydney N.S.W hence the transport costs.
    Useless facts as follows:
    Did you know the town of Grong Grong is roughly the midpoint between Sydney and Adelaide? Name means place of many galahs/****atoos (Aboriginal term) just like Wagga Wagga (another town) means place of many crows. See pasted link below!

File:Grong Grong NSW Australia 20070223.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Did you know Adelaide is the capital of the driest state in the driest country in the world?
    Did you know that if you place a same scale map of USA on Aust that they are roughly the same size but population here is only approx 22 million total? And if you do the same with a UK map it is roughly the size of the state of Victoria.

Have lots of other useless facts!!!
    But will ask now about your user name? Most amused but is that your only drug of choice? And in a hurry?
    Also what difference would a PS/2 native Kb make? Any particular reason as I did try a USB/PS2 adapter without affect. Will also have the replacement Mobo (Rev 1.0) tomorrow (hopefully) and am currently sitting here frustrated and impatient!! Also believe Gigabyte is going down the road that my singular Mobo is faulty despite somebody else creating this thread describing exactly the same symptoms? And that it is with the same Rev 2.0 Mobo!! What did Gigabyte do to change Mobo to Rev 2.0? Do you know? Will keep you posted.
    Regards Leroy.

Got to laugh at the "auto censor" curtailing my usage of a common bird name!! Look up Galah as it is only one of many varieties of this particular bird.
    ROFL
    Leroy

Use spaces, what word did it censor?

No, not my only choice and yes, it's always needed in a hurry!

PS/2 keyboard can always work with the BIOS, unless it was made in 1980 (Some super old ones have issues). USB to PS/2 adapter does not always work, with the boards, or sometimes not with the keyboards themselves too.

Rev. 2.0 has a redesigned CPU power delivery system, and official On/Off USB Charging

1980? All that stuff is mostly landfill and doorstops. Oldest thing I have is AMD K6 2 500 CPU and Mobo + RAM! Have thought I might reup this config just to run old DOS games. The 4 missing (****) are C-O-C-K which added to "atoo" equals??? I know what I typed so am still ROFL at your auto censor! Might also point out that Grong Grong is also one type of this bird!
    As I think I mentioned earlier I did note some failures with USB3 manager so makes wonder? Just a thought.
    Regards
    Mr LSD Guru

Will also ask what does it mean by "official On/Off USB Charging" ? Is that only applicable to Laptops? Or are there flashdrives out there with batteries in them? Will point out I do know the difference tween dynamic and static memory as I recall it. BIOS, of course, being a prime example of dynamic memory!!
    Leroy

Haha, ya you are right, but I thought I better mention it in case you found a golden oldie PS/2 and it didn't work.

****atoo

You're right, at least we have a smart filter here

USB 3 errors? What do you mean, did you install the drivers and latest firmware? Are you using a USB 3 device?

On/Off charging if for charging things like iPhones, cell phones, ect from your USB port on your computer, instead of having to connect it to your wall charger.

Cool Re: x58a-ud3r won't recognize usb keyboards during startup and keeps loosing onboard

Glad to have you (almost) live!!
    Hope you enjoyed the link to Grong Grong? Hell towns out there are 100+ Km apart and the Hay plains? Lucky if you can spot a tree and so flat. Could have been a straight highway there but govt decided to put a gentle bend roughly every 5 miles just to keep drivers awake. It is almost hypnotic and certainly very boring.
    Smack my head should have remembered the number of items that can now use USB!!
    Can only use what comes from Gigabyte and so everything is up to date as I can manage. Who knows could be board or Vista? Probably Vista but one problem at a time!
    Out of interest are you in direct contact with Gigabyte? Can guess they would be taking a keen interest in this thread as I did point the Gigabyte engineer at this thread.

Leroy

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information