Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R rev 2.0 BLUESCREENS

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R rev 2.0 BLUESCREENS

I agree, 2000Mhz with a 920-975 CPU is going to take a ton of voltage normally, with 6GB let alone 12GB.

You can do it with either, but I would only do so for short benching sessions or something like that, not for daily use at all.

Out of random interest, the memory i have arent on the official list supported by the MB. Might seem a bit odd that a shop thought it was okey to put em in and charge me for bulding and compatibility testing then perhaps? Obviously its not a painless procedure to get em to work.

Yes, sorry I might have!! I thought it was odd when I saw myself answer a similar thing two minutes apart. Hahaha!

I think that memory works ok, see plenty of people using it. If they charged you for testing already then you should take it back and tell them it's unstable and they owe you your money back or the need to fix it.
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 10-15-2010 at 05:21 PM.

Hmm yeah but question remains what do i do more to get it to work... :( Have FB bios back, set the mem manually and raised the dram voltage and the qpi/vtt.

If you paid for their testing and compatibility tests you should take it back or demand your money back, obviously it's not working together and they supposedly tested it and set it up?

Well im pretty sure they just have some install with win7 and some stress test that they run..... That would have worked on mine aswell. Coldbooting without OS isnt a problem, neither is installing win7, it starts after that when coldbooting win7. But i dont think thats something they are remotly close to check.

Hmm, well let me have a look at your full current settings again and I'll see if I can help you get going.

Do you know anyone using this exact memory in this board without issues? Have you tested each stick one at a time to be sure none are faulty?

When you give your settings again be sure to link the memory and mention your BIOS version again so I'm sure which you are now using.

It sounds like I have the same problem with my GA-X58-UD3R based system.
    I've had the computer for several days now, and my BSOD failure rate on cold boots in the morning (after my computer has been off all night), has been 100% (4 out of 4).

Specs:
    GA-X58-UD3R, rev 2, FB bios.
    6 gig OCZ DDR3 1600 (OCZ3G1600LV6GK)
    Intel I7-950
    Seasonic 850W power supply (SS-850HT)
    Gigabyte GTX460 1 gig (GV-N460OC-1GI)
    Lite-on dvd burner
    Boot drive: OCZ agility 2 60gig
    Data drive: 2x Samsung 1TB Spinpoint (HD103SJ) in raid 0.
    Windows 7 Ultimate

Symptoms:
    The following occur during a morning cold boot (a boot after many hours of being turned off):
    -- Windows 7 hangs right at the moment that it is about to present your desktop to you, and never finishes booting.
    So I reboot by using the reset button and I usually get
    -- Blue screens during boot up, or right after.
    When I get a blue screen during bootup, it is usually some sort of service, like ntfs.sys.
    If Win7 makes it all the way to gui mode, then I tend to get Memory_management blue screens
    -- If Win7 makes it to the desktop mode, it soon reports that various services have failed. Audio tends to be a common failure. I've also seen COM+ fail, and Networking fail.
    Invetiably, if I wait around a minute, I will get a BSOD.
    Once I have successfully booted (after several attempts), I no longer have any problems. As long as I've used the computer recently, I can shutdown-restart, reset-button-
    restart, or warm restart without any problems. The computer runs stable.

Workaround:
    After the first failure, give it a few minutes to warm up, then power cycle it.
    Also, I have turned off sleep mode and other power savings settings in Windows7, so that I can safely leave my computer alone and turned on during the day.

What I've tried:
    I immediately assumed that the problem was RAM timings or voltage, so I've changed my config each day.
    I haven't been documenting very carefully, but I'm pretty sure that I've been running with vtt/qpi voltage of 1.360, and memory voltage of 1.660, and I've tried using 1333,
    1600, with appropriate timings for each, as well as the defaulted 1.5 volt 1066 settings.
    So far, I've seen the "cold" cold-boot problem with every config I've tried.
    Once the computer has "warmed up" (I've had it running for several minutes, and it finally boots cleanly), then the system will run stable in each of these memory settings that I've tried (1333 and 1600, each with appropriate timings and voltage). My definition of stable - Playing resource-demanding games for several hours without any problems at all.
    To proceed, I think I will be re-seating and swapping around the ram, possibly running 1 stick at a time if possible.
    But this is a tough one to crack, since I only get one chance to replicate this problem per day.
    Ideally, I'd really like to get ahold of some different memory. But it's tough to justify the cost when I'm just troubleshooting and haven't narrowed down the problem.

Other thoughts:
    Based upon other web sites (and other posts on this forum), this appears to be a somewhat common issue.
    I've seen someone mention that the FC1 bios fixes it.
    I've seen someone claim that it was bent CPU pins, or dust in the memory slots.
    I've seen mention that this motherboard fails with a SSD boot drive and raided hard drives. (Which is a config which I have, but my symptoms don't match. I only have problems on "cold" cold boots.)
    I think the general consensus is that this motherboard is extremely finicky about which memory it uses.

Anyway...I still have no idea how to fix it. But you're not alone.
    Last edited by DMiller; 10-17-2010 at 01:33 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information