Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unreliable when booting from off state: X58A-UD3R rev 2

Default Re: Unreliable when booting from off state: X58A-UD3R rev 2

It may be the case that the BIOS has some difficulty figuring out what AUTO Vs to use under some circumstances. Maybe, manually setting easy Vs, like IOH and ICH Cores gives the AUTO function less variables to consider and this may be what improved the AUTO function?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I am leaning toward yes. :)

When my house lost power last night and I didn't have a upc backup attached, there was a long beep again on boot for the first time in two days. But it was not accompanyed by memory corruption. I still would like to know what that beep is. I think it is the BIOS cpu temp warning function, which you canno disable. If the problem returns, then I'll see if adding QPI PLL to the list of manual set will resolve issue.

Great to hear you guys got this all sorted out!

How is your CPU temps at idle and load?

Hello, Lsdmeasap.

Idle...~41-45degC
    IBT max...reaches just above 70degC occassionally
    Normal work temp...~44degC-48degC

I have a Scythe KQ01-BK-3.5 fan controller keeping speed down on four of the system fans. This raises case temp by about 3-4degC. With all fans at full speed, case temp usually stays at around 44degC. But the system is noticeably more quiet with the fan controller, though not silent.

The case is a Lian Li PC-A70B with a Lian Li EX-33B bay addition. The cpu is cooled by the huge budget cooler, Scythe Mugen 2 with a Yate Loon fan doing pulling duty opposite the included Scythe fan. When the Mugen 2 is installed horizontally, the pulling fan comes into near direct contact with the cpu exhaust fan. These two fans are the loudest part of the entire system. I have not used the fan controller on either of these two fans. I'll test later to see if that will reduce noise.

The system is cooled by 7 120mm fans, 2 140mm fans, 1 80mm gpu fan, and 1 80mm psu fan. Cool air reaches every pocket inside the case. The system also has 6 Western Digital hard drives, which are rarely audible. The cpu socket exhaust feels interesting. The exhaust is a mixture of both cold and pleasantly warm currents. Overall, the system makes a low humming sound--audible but not annoying.

Except for the black Scythe cooler fan, the other system fans are Yate Loon low speed fans with blue LED. With the LEDs of the front three fans dulled by the fan controller and a small strip of paper folded in half taped over the power and HDD LEDs, the normally eye-piercingly bright LED blue and red lights in the front are beautifully softened and now emit a deep lush color that is safe to look at. The whole thing is gorgeous and was fun to put together.

With the optical drive hidden behind a Lian Li C-01B bezel installed below the EX-33B and a normal Lian Li bay bezel hiding the Scythe fan controller installed above the EX-33B, the front looks sleek, aesthetically balanced, and beautiful. Conveniently, the normal Lian Li bay bezel installed on the top bay slot gives me easy access to both the fan filter of the EX-33B below as well as the knobs on the fan controller behind.

I am building a second system with the same cpu, cooler, mobo, and 12GB Corsair RAM to put into a Lian Li PC-7F case. I want to do the same overclock to 3.8GHz. Hopefully, temps in that case will also be low.
    Last edited by ROSESTEEL; 10-28-2010 at 04:51 AM.

Temps sound pretty good then, wow that is a lot of fans for air cooling :)

Sounds like a nice looking system, you should post us a few pics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information