Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: gigabyte boards...cant install vista or windows7 but winxp ok

Default gigabyte boards...cant install vista or windows7 but winxp ok

I have a ma770t-ud3p board that keeps rebooting that caused 2 sata harddrives fail..I changed the cd/dvdroms,power supplies and video card on this motherboard....when you do a dianostics on the memory it shows up no problems...I have a 500gig sata drive as the primary drive and when I try to install windows 7 and vista business it will not complete the install and gives me a hardware error(0x00000124)....when I install winxp it will work fine...thinking it was a motherboard issue I tried a ma78lmt-s2 motherboard with the same results....both boards are set to native ide...the install setup for vista and win7 on both boards are really slow...takes for ever to get to setup page...I am puzzled and this is not my first build as I have done many without much problems......any suggestions about this issue? thanks

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: gigabyte boards...cant install vista or windows7 but winxp ok

Well that BSOD means not enough Vtt voltage, so for AMD that would be NB VID or CPU Vtt if you have that, not sure?

What you can do to get around that for now is likely use one stick of memory, that should be far more stable. And be sure you are using the latest BIOS, starting from Optimized Defaults not Fail Safe, and setting your memory voltage to spec (Also set performance enhance to standard)

As for the slow progress through the install, that is caused by Floppy. Set your 1, 2, 3 boot order to HDD, then CD, then nothing for the third space, then use F12 at bootup to choose boot from CD once for the initial install to begin.

Also, go into Standard CMOS page and at the bottom set Floppy Drive A to NONE, then the install should work at normal speeds

Thread Information