Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: X58A UD3R boot up "issue"

Default Re: X58A UD3R boot up "issue"

I have the FB version of the bios. The latest is FC, but somone on this thread already updated to it and still has the double boot, so I do not think it is worth updating at this point. This double boot has happened everytime I cold boot it.

I will have to check the version of my EasyTune 6 when I get home, but I thought that is quite odd that everything else looked ok on there except that Power ON for the CPU showing 0 Mhz since the "target" had a value.

Any ideas regarding the second part of my post about the 1st power button press turns off my speakers after shutting down through windows properly? Is there like a double shutdown setting where you need to shutdown through windows and also press the power button on the case to fully shutdown the system?

Thanks

~Eric

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Power on zero anything is fine, that will change in easytune once you start using the system more, overclock with easytune, update BIOS, ect.

I also have one more question, which may be very simple to fix. When I shutdown my PC using the Windows shutdown command, once everything is off, if I press my computer case power button, I hear a sound like the speakers are turning off/on but the computer does not power up or anything. If i press the power button a 2nd time then it does the "start/stop/restart cold boot". Is there some setting that needs to change to fix this?
    So can you verify that your speakers are indeed still on after you shut down using windows shut down button? I know mine are, and only make the sound you mention when I turn on my computer, and only do that depending on how loud I have them set or if I'm using onboard sound or a sound card.

You should only need to press your case power on button once, then the system should start

I checked Easytune again last night (I do have the latest version) and now it has a value under that Power On for my CPU, so it looks like that has been corrected. I do still have the start/stop/restart on cold boot symptom, but as mentioned it maybe normal (hopefully this does not cause any degradation or issues down the road).

For my speakers, I have a separate amplifer that they connect into and the amp connects to the computer. Yes I can confirm that it is my speakers making the sound after pressing the power button on my computer after a proper windows shutdown. So basically I have to shutdown windows and everything seems to turn off, then press the power button and all i hear are the speakers turning off and then if I press the power button again it will start to boot up the system. I have used these speakers on my previous computer and they never did this.

~Eric

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Are you overclocked at all?

If not it shouldn't happen as often or at all, it mainly happens when you are overclocked or you have some setting that is just not quite right.

Very odd about your speakers, not sure what would be doing that? How is the "Separate" amp powered?

I have the RAM overclocked based on what the UD3R board sets it too (1066 MHz) and the memory is speced to 1600 Mhz (Corsair Dominator 6GB trichannel). I do not have any overclock on my CPU. I also followed settings as I mentioned for the DRAM, Uncore and QPI frequencies and voltages based on the RAM overclock that were suggested on this thread. So far everytime i start my PC (which is bascially every night) i get the start/stop/restart symptom.

Yes the speakers have a seperate AMP, but with these speakers, i did not see this on my previous computer. Right now when i shut my PC down at night, I use windows to shutdown and then also press the power button on the case after windows fully shuts down. Very odd...

~Eric

to use 1600mhz ram speed look in system memory multiplier(spd) in the bios and set to 12x,if your cpu isnt overclocked it will be 133x12 ram multi which will give you 1595mhz ram speed,then look in uncore freq and set that to 25x

for power buttons,make sure instant off is selected in the bios,i think it comes under power menu not sure,and then look in windows/Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\System Settings and make sure that shut down is selected for the front power button
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes Wazza, my SPD is 12x, Uncore freq is 25x, QPI/VTT Voltage is 1.335 and I set the DRAM timings to 8 8 8 24 using Quick.

Thanks, i will look into those suggestions for the power when i get home.

~Eric

Just to follow up from the suggestions:

My power options were set to instant off in Bios and in Windows 7, my power button is used for instant shutdown. I still have the same issue, but it does not seem to be that much of a burdon. I have been just pressing the power button after the computer completely shuts down properly from windows (to turn off audio as it seems), so the next time I want to power up my PC, it just takes 1 power button press.

I also still have the start/stop/restart symptom on every cold boot, and I have not heard of any solutions (bios fix) for this yet. Hopefully some update will come out that will fix this symptom in the near future. As of now with this symptom, my 4 year old PC boots to XP faster than my brand new computer with an SSD into Windows 7 :/

~Eric

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information