Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Renesas Electronics USB 3 Host Controller - This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Renesas Electronics USB 3 Host Controller - This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Awesome to hear, thanks for the update on this!

Sorry you had to go through all these hassles!

Default Re: Renesas Electronics USB 3 Host Controller - This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Does anyone know where to get the newest driver 2.0.41 i just can find 2.0.40. Thank you!

I've had a similiar error with the same device, but on a Dell Laptop. I've managed to solve it by going to Device Manager (or whatever it may be called, the Dutch word is "Apparaatbeheer"), right clicking the Host Controller and turning it off and on. The error mark disappeared and my USB devices can connect again.

Might help future problems :)

Thanks for posting, it might help future users as you mentioned!

Yes, that translates to device manager, but what did you disable exactly? Maybe an image would help, or translate if you can.

In device manager, I right clicked the malfunctioning device. I had an option called disable, which I clicked, so it was disabled. I right clicked it again, it now had the option enable, which enabled it. The malfunction sign disappeared and it's working again.

Well glad to hear you got it working now!

Just enable XHCI Workaround in BIOS..it will be fixed. no need to RMA your mobo :)

alexfeldmann is offline Junior Member

I have the same problem with GA-H55N-USB3. It is working fine for one year, except that I never used USB 3.0 ports. Now I've bought an external 1 TB USB 3.0/USB 2.0 backup unit by Seagate and I discovered that the NEC controller onboard is dead. I tried every step described here in this thread, but all failed. And, worse, the dealer where I bought the mobo closed and is out of business. So I only can depend on Gigabyte for this - and I've already emailed them. By the way, I saw dozens of similar claims around the internet - specifically for this motherboard.

alexfeldmann is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Recep Baltas View Post
    Just enable XHCI Workaround in BIOS..it will be fixed. no need to RMA your mobo :)
    Please teach me how can I enable XHCI Workaround in BIOS. I could not see anything like this in the BIOS Setup. Thanks for your kind attention.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information