Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Complicated Problem...

Default Re: A Complicated Problem...

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    i dont know for intel,i would guess at emailing the place of purchase and ask for an rma ticket,then they would send to intel and send back a replacement,3yr warranty on intel chips

did you try with those settings i gave you but put cpu voltage on auto? and do you see full 6gb of memory in the bios screen?

oh and another thing to try is remove the mb battery and leave it out overnight just to be 100% sure and clear cmos,then put back in and try,try flashing the bios again but make sure that keep dmi pool data is un-ticked before you flash,just incase its corrupted something,and if you boot into windows in safe mode again run checkdsk on your os hard drive to correct any errors
    Newegg won't take an RMA a month after purchase. So i guess I will email Intel.

Yes I tried all of the settings you have given me and all 6GB of memory is displayed in the BIOS.

I will try all this also, though I doubt it will make any difference at this point.

And oddly enough the computer has been running perfectly for the past 2 hours???? It seems like the amount of time before the computer restarts changes every single time. I have not made a single change since it was restarting 30 seconds into loading windows and now it has been up for 2 hours!

It makes no sense that my computer's uptime is so inconsistent. If my processor was bad then wouldn't my computer be consistently failing?

And I remember two weeks ago my computer passed 8 hours of a prime95 blend test. Why would it pass this but still be a bad chip?

This computer makes absolutely no sense and I'm losing hope by the day.

well im only guessing that it might be cpu,i would hold out a little bit first and try more bios settings,could be bios or a driver thats causing it,removing the mb battery wont hurt though and re-flashing with clearing dmi pool data,then re-enter your ram timings and dram/qpi-vtt and cpu voltages manually and see if its improved,are mb and cpu temps ok?

ohh i just thought look in advanced cpu features and disable c1e, test with intel turbo boost disabled aswell,could be the power saving mode thats causing it to crash
    Last edited by wazza300; 11-13-2010 at 09:35 AM.
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well im only guessing that it might be cpu,i would hold out a little bit first and try more bios settings,could be bios or a driver thats causing it,removing the mb battery wont hurt though and re-flashing with clearing dmi pool data,then re-enter your ram timings and dram/qpi-vtt and cpu voltages manually and see if its improved,are mb and cpu temps ok?

ohh i just thought look in advanced cpu features and disable c1e, test with intel turbo boost disabled aswell,could be the power saving mode thats causing it to crash
    Should I flash with FC or FB? Tweaktown forums have FC but the Gigabyte website only has BIOS FB.

And if the power saving modes fail shouldn't I return the CPU anyway?

FC, you are that guy from OCN i sent over here ? lol. Man that is a long post.

kick is offline Senior Member

Run the pc for awhile with the mbrd outside of the case.Bench it.
    Run on optimised defaults.Remove all the windows error reports from the HDD,unless you are going to use them for something.Do the chkdsk thing as above.
    Could you give an exact rundown of all your system components.
    Like for example are you using a usb stick for readyboost,are you using the stock cooler,is it seated properly,what sort of temperatures do you get when the pc is running.The dvd is it sata? .What case usb mic+headphone wiring are you using(realtek connection or the hi def).Interface devices usb or ps2+ types? is the usb standard different to your old mbrd,maybe all usb devices are new also?.The new hdd is it/was it running with win 7 and nothing else on it except drivers?,are you using the 500g in conjunction with it cos most of your old apps are on it? .The 4850,did you run a dx check on it after its drivers were installed ,does the problem happen if you leave it running in basic vga etc etc.
    Have you saved and rebooted with optimised defaults more than once ,ie load settings save settings seems ok restart check settings in bios are optimised firist boot device etc then resave and start again,do ypu use msconfig to cutdown on startup apps loading,
    etc.
    ^Lack of paragraphs ,just trying to think of any possibles not covered.
    Last edited by kick; 11-13-2010 at 05:58 PM.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Quote Originally Posted by Airolden View Post
    Should I flash with FC or FB? Tweaktown forums have FC but the Gigabyte website only has BIOS FB.

And if the power saving modes fail shouldn't I return the CPU anyway?
    try fc,you might need to tweak cpu voltage a little to stop it crashing when idle,it might not be this thats causing it though

has it crashed since?
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Can you please post a link to your memory, and the full exact BIOS settings you are using, template in my signature for this.

Sounds like incorrect settings possibly to me.

Quote Originally Posted by sin0822 View Post
    FC, you are that guy from OCN i sent over here ? lol. Man that is a long post.
    Yes haha that is me. Unfortunately OCN wasn't able to fix my problem so I had no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by kick View Post
    Run the pc for awhile with the mbrd outside of the case.Bench it.
    Run on optimised defaults.Remove all the windows error reports from the HDD,unless you are going to use them for something.Do the chkdsk thing as above.
    Could you give an exact rundown of all your system components.
    Like for example are you using a usb stick for readyboost,are you using the stock cooler,is it seated properly,what sort of temperatures do you get when the pc is running.The dvd is it sata? .What case usb mic+headphone wiring are you using(realtek connection or the hi def).Interface devices usb or ps2+ types? is the usb standard different to your old mbrd,maybe all usb devices are new also?.The new hdd is it/was it running with win 7 and nothing else on it except drivers?,are you using the 500g in conjunction with it cos most of your old apps are on it? .The 4850,did you run a dx check on it after its drivers were installed ,does the problem happen if you leave it running in basic vga etc etc.
    Have you saved and rebooted with optimised defaults more than once ,ie load settings save settings seems ok restart check settings in bios are optimised firist boot device etc then resave and start again,do ypu use msconfig to cutdown on startup apps loading,
    etc.
    ^Lack of paragraphs ,just trying to think of any possibles not covered.
    I am not using readyboost. I am using the zerotherm core92 heat sink, my temperatures are around ~40 under no load. It is seated properly, and I have tried reseating it multiple times. The DVD drive is SATA, I am using the realtek connection I believe... USB interface devices, and I don't think my old motherboard used a different USB standard.

My computer has been working the same way the entire way through, sometimes it restarts after 5 minutes, sometimes after 12 hours. That includes the time prior to installing any programs. I am using my 500gb hard drive for more space, I formatted it prior to installing it into this machine and now I just use it like an extra partition. No I did not run a dx check on my 4850 but I have tried using other video cards but it did not make any difference. And I am not sure what you mean by running it in basic vga, if you mean just not using DVI then I have on one of my other cards. But my 4850 only contains DVI slots. (if that is what you meant)

I have tried using optimized defaults many times and has never made a difference.

I have not used msconfig to cut down on starting apps, I don't have many starting apps anyway though.

try fc,you might need to tweak cpu voltage a little to stop it crashing when idle,it might not be this thats causing it though

has it crashed since?
    I flashed FC and changed my cpu voltage from auto to normal and changed my DRAM voltage, timings, and speed. I am not sure how it is going to work yet. It hasn't crashed yet but it has only been about 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Can you please post a link to your memory, and the full exact BIOS settings you are using, template in my signature for this.

Sounds like incorrect settings possibly to me.
    Advanced CPU Features:
    CPU Clock Ratio ................................ [23x]
    Intel(R) Turbo Boost Tech .................. [Auto]
    CPU Cores Enabled ............................ [All]
    CPU Multi Threading .......................... [Enabled]
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) ................... [Auto]
    C3/C6/C7 State Support .................... [Disabled]
    CPU Thermal Monitor ......................... [Auto]
    CPU EIST Function ............................ [Disabled]
    Virtualization Technology ................... [Enabled]
    Bi-Directional PROCHOT ..................... [Auto]

Uncore & QPI Features:
    QPI Link Speed .............................. [Auto]
    Uncore Frequency .......................... (3200mhz)
    Isonchronous Frequency ..................[Enabled]

Standard Clock Control:
    Base Clock (BCLK) Control ................ [Disabled]
    BCLK Frequency (MHz) ..................... 133mhz
    PCI Express Frequency (MHz) ........... [Auto]

C.I.A.2 [Disabled]

Advanced Clock Control:
    CPU Clock Drive ..............................[700mV]
    PCI Express Clock Drive ................... [700mV]
    CPU Clock Skew ............................. [0ps]
    IOH Clock Skew ............................. [0ps]

Advanced DRAM Features:
    Performance Enhance ...................... [Standard]
    Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P) ......... [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD) ........ [12.0x]
    DRAM Timing Selectable (SPD) .......... [Quick]

Channel A + B + C

Channel A Timing Settings:
    ##Channel A Standard Timing Control##
    CAS Latency Time ...................... 24
    tRCD ....................................... 9
    tRP ......................................... 9
    tRAS ....................................... 9

##Channel A Advanced Timing Control##
    tRC ........................................ 27
    tRRD ....................................... 4
    tWTR ...................................... 4
    tWR ........................................ 8
    tWTP ....................................... 19
    tWL ........................................ 7
    tRFC ....................................... 60
    tRTP ....................................... 4
    tFAW ...................................... 16
    Command Rate (CMD) ................ 1

##Channel A Misc Timing Control##
    Round Trip Latency ................... 61

B2B CAS Delay .......................... [-]

Advanced Voltage Control:

CPU
    Load Line Calibration ................. [Auto]
    CPU Vcore ............................... [Normal]
    QPI/VTT Voltage 1.150v ............ [1.315]
    CPU PLL 1.800v ....................... [Auto]

MCH/ICH
    PCIE 1.500v ........................... [Auto]
    QPI PLL 1.100v ....................... [Auto]
    IOH Core 1.100v ..................... [Auto]
    ICH I/O 1.500v ....................... [Auto]
    ICH Core 1.1v ........................ [Auto]

DRAM
    DRAM Voltage 1.500v .............. [1.660v]
    DRAM Termination 0.750v [AUTO]
    Ch-A Data VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
    Ch-B Data VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
    Ch-C Data VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
    Ch-A Address VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
    Ch-B Address VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
    Ch-C Address VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]

Alright those are my complete and accurate settings!
    Last edited by Airolden; 11-13-2010 at 11:57 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Thanks, can you please post what CPU and what model Mushkin memory you have?

I see you are using Fail Safe BIOS settings, that's not good to start with and can only add to your issues. Please use Optimized Defaults as a starting point.

Once you give me your Mushkin model # and the CPU used I'll advise some settings for you to try.

Also, can you please tell me if those advanced memory subtimings are actually auto values you see on the left, or are those what values you are manually setting?

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Thanks, can you please post what CPU and what model Mushkin memory you have?

I see you are using Fail Safe BIOS settings, that's not good to start with and can only add to your issues. Please use Optimized Defaults as a starting point.

Once you give me your Mushkin model # and the CPU used I'll advise some settings for you to try.

Also, can you please tell me if those advanced memory subtimings are actually auto values you see on the left, or are those what values you are manually setting?
    I no longer am using Mushkin memory as I decided to switch to modules on Gigabyte's approved list. : P which was a bad decision considering the mushkin modules had much better timings. : P I am now using ADATA Gaming Series AX3U1600GB2G93G. I have the i7 950 CPU.

I have used optimized safe defaults previously, it didn't really make any difference. Right now my defaults are just the ones that I got after flashing my BIOS, except a few changes.

Those subtimings are the default settings.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information