Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-EP45-UD3P don't work with 4x2GB OCZ2P8004GK

kick is offline Senior Member

Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P don't work with 4x2GB OCZ2P8004GK

There are a couple more things you can try to be absolutely sure..
    first a few questions tho
    I think you said every stick you have works,you tried them all on their own in slot 1. and tested
    + have you also tried every pair combination in slots 1 and 3.

Just to be sure .
    memory slots 1 and 2 being occupied with 3 and 4 empty, are no real use to you with ddr2 memory
    Slot 1 is the memory slot closest to the cpu and slot 4 is the memory slot furthest from the cpu.
    With 2 sticks of memory in they should have been in slots 1 and 3 all this time.

Perhaps you mean slots 1 and 2 are actually slots 1 and 3(the same colour).
    By now your matched pair sticks of memory are probably all mixed up,unless you marked each pair when they came out of the packets?

Anyway.let us know what 2 slots the memory has been in .. exactly.

Assuming there is no confusion for now.. put one stick in slot 1 (the one closest to the cpu)for now.

Post up on optimised defaults

Posting is getting to the bios screen
    Booting up the pc is getting into the operating system successfully.

With the stick in slot 1 load and save optimised defaults.

Then try each of the other 3 sticks in turn in slot 3 ie good stick of 2gb memory in slot 1 then next slot is left empty then another stick in slot 3.
    Keep going till you get a post.
    edit:if you dont get a post with the first stick you try in slot 3 ,you will have to take it out and repost and load and save optimised defaults again before trying the next stick.
    If you dont get a post with any of the other 3 sticks:
    leave the single stick in slot one ,go into the bios and add a memory voltage of 2.1v and save the change,not auto or 1.9 .. make sure the pc health screenshot like the one you posted shows at least 2.05v for the ram .
    then try all 3 sticks in slot 3 again.
    edit 2:by now you should have an optimed defaults except for memory voltage at 2.1 V profile saved in bios. (F11 and F12 keys) so you should be able to just load that in after each optimised default save

If that doesnt work you may have to repeat the procedure with now not only the memory voltage raised to what it should be for the ram speed but also some increase on the mch voltage as outlined above,,for all extra sticks.

If you do know which pair came together in the packets it would speed testing up a lot.
    Also if Im confused on your slot testing you could clear that up too.

see how it goes.
    I hope you can see where Im coming from..My mbrd ,2years ago did not recognise my memory speed ,voltage and configuration straight off.I had to adjust things.It did however allow me to boot on crappy settings and I was able to adjust them later.
    You,well we have a dual controller for memory one controller on slots 1 and 3 and one controller on slots 2 and 4. so slot 1 should be filled first or slot 2 if there is some problem with slot ,but the least likely scenario is both slots 3 and 4 being defective twice.
    A more likely scenario is either 2 sticks pf ram arent matched for ddr2 operation .or ,well anyway try your best to get memory working in slots 1+3.
    Last edited by kick; 11-29-2010 at 02:54 PM.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P don't work with 4x2GB OCZ2P8004GK

Hey kick, you may have a valid point here; the way the slots are placed are:

[CPU] [SLOT 1] [SLOT 2] [SLOT 3] [SLOT 4]

and all this time my computer had being working with 2 sticks in slots 1 & 2. So, I will do the additional tests you mentioned tomorrow morning. Hopefully I will find the paired sticks and make it work! Thanks again for your input.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information