Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: usb headphone mic won't work with Realtek sound on MA770T-UD3P mobo

Default Re: usb headphone mic won't work with Realtek sound on MA770T-UD3P mobo

Stereo Mix was enabled before I uninstalled and reinstalled. Now I can't find it. It's not listed in any of the Playback or Recording tabs now. When I reinstalled, did I have to do anything else other than run the self-extractor into a separate folder and then run setup.exe within that folder?

Chike is offline Senior Member

It may be that windows or the speach recognition software don't think "USB VoIP Device" to be a microphone.
    The whole idea of USB mic/headphones is not the best idea ever. In general stay away from them.

Quote Originally Posted by baubo View Post
    Stereo Mix was enabled before I uninstalled and reinstalled. Now I can't find it. It's not listed in any of the Playback or Recording tabs now. When I reinstalled, did I have to do anything else other than run the self-extractor into a separate folder and then run setup.exe within that folder?
    right click and select "show disconnected devices" in the recording/microphone or speakers tab,stereo mix should show up then
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    right click and select "show disconnected devices" in the recording/microphone or speakers tab,stereo mix should show up then
    I was looking for that -- but I right-clicked and Show disabled devices AND Show disconnected devices are already checked. I'm wondering if there isn't something funny about this darn sound chip.

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    It may be that windows or the speach recognition software don't think "USB VoIP Device" to be a microphone.
    The whole idea of USB mic/headphones is not the best idea ever. In general stay away from them.
    Hehe, you can bet I will never, ever be buying a USB headset with mic ever again. It was so cheap that it won't even be worth returning. And that's what is so odd: the description in the Sound tab and in the Speech Rec know enough to call it a Microphone, but not enough to actually hook it up to the voice level software. I think I'll be looking for a pin connector headset next week, even should we all get this one working. Windows 7 is very unhelpful around this issue.

Can the speech recognition software use stereo mix as an input?
    There is a "listen to this device" option in windows 7 which i am not sure what it is but it may just stream the audio to the device you select (e.g. realtek hd audio), and then can be used through the stereo mix.
    Of course playin music may make the software go insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Can the speech recognition software use stereo mix as an input?
    There is a "listen to this device" option in windows 7 which i am not sure what it is but it may just stream the audio to the device you select (e.g. realtek hd audio), and then can be used through the stereo mix.
    Of course playin music may make the software go insane.
    Well, since I have all devices, disabled, disconnected, and all showing, and I have no sign of a Stereo Mix device, I don't know the answer to this. I know that when I was fooling around trying to get this turkey to work last week, I did check the "Listen to this device" in the Listening tab of the Properties for this mic and it still did nothing as far as actually allow input from the mic to be heard.

All this is valid if the software accept stereo mix as an input (yuo will have to reinstall the realtek software).
    Set usb headphones as primary playback device.
    Set stereo mix as primery recording device.
    Set listen on the usb on the realtek hd audio.

I have checked the listen on a laptop that does not has connection from mic to the speakers and i could hear it with about half second delay. I am assumind it does it through the wave channel (forgot to confirm) which is one of the stereo mix inputs.

Unfortunately, I uninstalled and then reinstalled the Realtek drivers but Stereo Mix is gone (I think I mentioned this above somewhere). I looked up the w7 drivers REALTEK drivers online and got them and installed those, but my system still doesn't look like it did before I uninstalled them and Stereo Mix is still nowhere to be found -- its' not disabled or disconnected; it's gone. Seeing as how the mic failed to work with them as installed originally, I will have to wait to see if I find other functions that I miss.

I did right-click the sound display tabs and Show Disconnected, Show Disabled has been checked since yesterday, just in case you were wondering. :D
    Last edited by baubo; 12-02-2010 at 03:53 AM.

stereo mix should comeback when realtek drivers are installed,it only goes missing when they arnt installed,ive installed-uninstalled them lots of times,but stereo mix is always there when i have the realtek drivers installed
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information