Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Ga-p55-usb3 f8 and i5-750

Darkling is offline Member

Default Re: Ga-p55-usb3 f8 and i5-750

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    Stock clocks is whatever the normal CPU voltage setting uses,or what intel sets it to in the binning process,as long as temps are ok voltage amount is less important,you could try -0.01000v and see if you can lower total CPU voltage?
    I load optimized defaults, enter bios change AUTO vcore to NORMAL and when i enter bios again it says 1.2864v vcore on the pc health status.

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    as long as temps are ok voltage amount is less important
    I wouldn't claim that is true after reading about efficiency on overclocking. Temps can be safe even with 1.4v (water, freon idk what some benchers use) that doesn't mean you are not shortening the life span of the cpu supplying that amount of V.

Load line calibration has 3 options on the ga-p55-usb3 Auto, Disabled, Enabled. I currently have it on AUTO, how can i tell what is being used? Supposedly it causes volt spikes if you have it enabled but haven't seen any bizarre value on the Max on HWMonitor. Does this mean it is disabled?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Youd have to set the Vcore manually to something and leave it there, then test enabled and disabled to see which Auto is using.

Supposedly is likely one or a few peoples opinion is all, I'm sure it's fine

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Youd have to set the Vcore manually to something and leave it there, then test enabled and disabled to see which Auto is using.

Supposedly is likely one or a few peoples opinion is all, I'm sure it's fine
    Since i am overclocking with EIST,c1e,Turbo all CPU features ON and have set a Normal Vcore with -DVID what should the LLC setting be? Should i disable or enable?

Also if i set a vcore manually as you suggest what would be the indicators of what AUTO is setting?

I personally use it, but if you do not you may need to adjust based on what it does to your voltage.

You can leave things how you have them now and test enabled/disabled and see if you can tell a difference or not. I'd expect disabled should be noticeable under load.

If you manually set Vcore for a test, disable C1E/EIST and then you would be able to test enabled/disabled. The disabled would have the larger Vdroop under load, and then test enabled to be sure it's smaller.

Then test Auto and see which it is choosing, auto may not always be the same choice either, so if you want to be sure one way or the other you should pick enable or disable

I'd expect disabled should be noticeable under load.
    You mean i will see more voltage used or less?

To help you understand what i am experiencing with LLC -> AUTO, when i open up prime95 on 4 cores it uses 1,2648v (vcore on BIOS is 1.28125) when i use 3 cores it uses 1.248v.
    From that behaviour how would you describe the AUTO is setting?
    Last edited by Darkling; 02-02-2011 at 05:53 PM.

Yes, with it enabled you will see less voltage droop under load, with it disabled the droop under load will be much larger.

Also there will be a noticeable difference between what you set in the BIOS vs. what you get at idle too with either setting.

Set BIOS to 1.28125 Vcore.

Then test idle/load voltages with LLC enabled, then again with Disabled, then Auto. Once you have tested like that you will easily be able to tell which setting Auto is choosing

Yes, with it enabled you will see less voltage droop under load, with it disabled the droop under load will be much larger.

Also there will be a noticeable difference between what you set in the BIOS vs. what you get at idle too with either setting.

Set BIOS to 1.28125 Vcore.

Then test idle/load voltages with LLC enabled, then again with Disabled, then Auto. Once you have tested like that you will easily be able to tell which setting Auto is choosing
    I tested yesterday at home, i chose the following :

LLC : Disabled
    Vcore : 1.30625 / Normal
    DVID : +0 / -0

I loaded prime95 and it used 1.20v to 1.218v in 4 cores and 1.232v to 1.248v, so it uses less volts under load. Also it idled at 0.83v as before. So i guess AUTO was enabling it or slightly enabling it. I guess people on HIGH OC enable it because they don;t want their voltage to drop so much and become unstable. In my case it seems more wise to disable it right? Since i am not shooting for 4GHZ. Also should i try using Dynamic Core again to lower more or it will drop beyond 1.2v and become unstable? Does dynamic vcore work with LLC disabled?

You'll need to test as I mentioned above if you want to be sure, you can use any voltage amount that you want though.

Also disable C1E/EIST for the test, sorry forgot to mention that above.

You do have to keep in mind that it also varies from exact voltage value to another value, like it may be more/less at 1.2105 than it is at 1.2110 or 1.2100.

Just meaning it varies from setting to setting in some instances so the offset amount does not always scale the same.

Disable or enable is up to you, if you want to disable it you will likely need to use more voltage to remain stable under a load compared to what you would need with it enabled.

DVID I can't comment on, you'll have to wait for someone else to help with that as I have never used it. I do believe LLC functions apply either way, manual Vcore or DVID

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread Information