Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Ga-p55-usb3 f8 and i5-750

Darkling is offline Member

Default Re: Ga-p55-usb3 f8 and i5-750

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    You'll need to test as I mentioned above if you want to be sure, you can use any voltage amount that you want though.

Also disable C1E/EIST for the test, sorry forgot to mention that above.

You do have to keep in mind that it also varies from exact voltage value to another value, like it may be more/less at 1.2105 than it is at 1.2110 or 1.2100.

Just meaning it varies from setting to setting in some instances so the offset amount does not always scale the same.

Disable or enable is up to you, if you want to disable it you will likely need to use more voltage to remain stable under a load compared to what you would need with it enabled.

DVID I can't comment on, you'll have to wait for someone else to help with that as I have never used it. I do believe LLC functions apply either way, manual Vcore or DVID
    I don't want to enter a manual VCORE and use that the whole time (idle/load) i have to choose between AUTO and NORMAL. I also don't want to select AUTO because it freaks me out to let it there, i heard it overvolts a lot. So i have to choose Normal on VCore. As far as the stability i am not willing to let the PC run prime or IBT all night i tested yesterday 20 minutes in each core meaning tested 4 workers,3,2 and 1. And it passed. So i have 2 choices : LLC ON and use DVID to extract some vcore from 1.3 that i have default or LLC OFF and all other as it is. I am waiting for wazza300 to respond he overclocks with eist and using normal and DVID.

I think when you OC with Turbo ON you NEED to disable Load Line Calibration. Let me explain : llc tries to compensate the VDroop meaning it tries not to have huge differences between voltage supply on load and idle states. Well that works against EIST and Turbo technology because i get crazy differences with them enabled anyway. For example i open prime and instantly stop it. That results in to a jump from 0.83v to 1.2v and back to 0.83 in seconds. With LLC on it would try to regulate that, so i guess the way to go when overclocking with all the CPU features ON is to disable the LLC. Anyone second that?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I said to test that way because you specifically wanted to know the difference between LLC on or off, that is the easiest way to test. You do not have to leave it like that at all, and you can do the test at any low clock freq you want..

Yes, for daily use you'll need to wait for someone else to chime in on your thoughts, all I was trying to do was to tell you how to test the difference between each so you could get a generalized idea.

If the question is about auto,enabled or disabled in LLC i guess AUTO is the hunch you had it is neither enabled nor disabled. I would bet good money that :
    Auto = "Slightly improve Vdroop"
    Enabled = "Greatly improve Vdroop"
    Disabled = "Follow Intel Spec"

I guess we have no members from Gigabyte here to confirm that.

Not sure, you could be right, but I kind of doubt it otherwise they would just give you levels like the higher end boards.

PM Dinos22 and see if he will come reply on this thread about that, is he's not busy I'm sure he could let you know for sure. He works for GBT, he just posted in the BIOS thread in case you need to find his profile to send him a PM.

Ok done with all that LLC and Voltages i have concluded my research and finalised my settings. Last question for LSD :

I have a dual kit 2x2 GB Kingston HyperX XMP Ram 1333 CL7 @ 1.65v and i have overclocked them to run at 1600mhz CL8. I used the same QPI/vtt and Dram voltage (1.21 / 1.65) that the ram was rated. So i am asking : is this considered overclocking just running the ram above the rated speed? I mean do i harm it that way if i don't provide extra voltage and just upping the mhz and the timings?

Because i got a blue screen yesterday with STOP : 0x0000009c and i am trying to eliminate the possible reasons.

Ya, anything above spec is considered an overclock.

What timing are you using 888-24 or lower than that? You may need 888-26, or might just need a little more ram voltage since they are spec'd for 1333Mhz.

Are you running stability tests? If not please do, then you will know for sure if it's caused by memory errors or other hardware instead

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Ya, anything above spec is considered an overclock.

What timing are you using 888-24 or lower than that? You may need 888-26, or might just need a little more ram voltage since they are spec'd for 1333Mhz.

Are you running stability tests? If not please do, then you will know for sure if it's caused by memory errors or other hardware instead
    I went home to finalize my OC last night. Loaded optimal and changed BCLK to 160, ram x10, set manually 8-8-8-20 and AUTO all other settings in ram, Disabled LLC, set CPU VCore to Normal, DVID to +/- 0.00000, Qpi\Vtt 1.21 and dram voltage 1.66. Did 1 hour prime95, 10 IBT passes and 4 instances of 800MB each memtest on windows for 100% coverage. No errors in all tests. I then restarted switched screens to my 1080p TV and when i tried to open Fraps it BSOD'ed. I thought it was the version of the fraps because it was too old i never updated it, maybe it doesn't work in Win7. I restarted downloaded the new fraps, opened it and played F1 2010 for about 2 hours and everything was ok. Should i drop the memory to x8 to run at 1280 CL7 just to be sure? Or the crash was something completely random?

I searched a bit for Fraps and error code 0x0000009c and i found an issue with some guy's ram Timing settings for pc3200 OCZ Titanium 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuf

It might not be the same but this is a good indicator that something might be wrong with the ram. I am not eager to run the ram at 1600, i think i will drop it back to 1280 cl7. When i had that setup of 1280 i used qpi\vtt 1.19 should i revert that back too?

Sounds like that crash was due to the old Fraps as you mentioned, once you updated it everything was fine.

You may not need to drop back the ram speed, maybe increase tRAS to 24 for a few days and see if everything is fine. Then if it is you can move it back to 20 and then see if you get errors again, if so you will know tRAS needs to be above 20

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread Information