Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GTS450 and HDMI Out

Default Re: GTS450 and HDMI Out

Strange. Are you saying that you can't get sound over HDMI too shadow6491? Weird.

A couple of solutions off the top of my head:

Have either of you done a complete uninstall of the nVidia drivers, all components including ancillaries (not chipset drivers etc if you have nV based motherboards) and then using the full International (not US or UK etc) version of 260.99? If you already have then maybe give it another go.

Also, in many TV setup menus there are options to configure HDMI audio. Some have the option to disable it, others can manually be switched between analog and digital formats. Make sure that if any setting in the TV exists, it's set to Digital HDMI audio. My Tv (TYoshiba Regza 26" 720p) Has two settings and I have to set them right to get sound over HDMI. The first setting is "PC/HDMI audio" and has the options "PC" and "HDMI", HDMI needs to be set. The second is as mentioned "HDMI audio Format" and has "Analog" and "Digital" choices, where digital needs to be set OR there is an "Auto" option whigh should switch depending on the signaldetected".
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Default Re: GTS450 and HDMI Out

Sorry I couldn't reply back sooner it's been a busy week/weekend.

Apparently I didn't have the lastest drivers installed but windows 7 recommended drivers installed. (When doing the windows update it snuck itself in there)

After upgrading to the latest video card drivers from NVIDIA (including the audio drivers for HMDI support) All went well, and have picture and sound going to my Sony TV.

Just want to thank all who have given their input and help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information