Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GTS450 and HDMI Out

Default GTS450 and HDMI Out

Aloha,
    Sorry if this has been discussed before. Tried doing a search not only here in the forums but all over the net and have come up empty. I can't get my TV to work with my video card in windows 7.

I have a Gigabyte video card (GTS450 series)

1st monitor Samsung 24" DVI Connection
    2nd using the HDMI out to a SONY 40" LCD TV

In windows XP it would display no problem on the TV. Until I did a cleam install using Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit. TV won't be dectected in properties (Display) nor in the NVIDIA control panel.

Also if I have the HDMI cable plugged in the computer and reboot. The dvi (Samsung) monitor will show the windows display but won't get any further. So I can't log into windows and have to unplug the HDMI cable and reboot.

other notes: I have not tried DVI to HDMI cable yet. I would have to order that as my computer to tv is about 30 feet away.

Any help is appreciated.

Mahalo

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GTS450 and HDMI Out

Have you tried the latest GFX drivers, and or old ones?

If not I'd give that a shot, and also be sure you have the latest chipset drivers installed
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Prod...?ProductID=816

Odd to hear you have issues in win 7 but not XP, makes me think it's a driver issue more than a cabling issue.

Thanks for you response

update:
    1) Tried another HDMI cable problem still exists
    2) updated nvidia graphics drivers no change

My Gigabyte motherboard might not fully be supported for HD. IF anyone knows?
    Model# GA-EP45-D-S3R/DS3

The board definately has support for HD Sound. But like stated previously it might be a chipset issue. Will look into this when I get home

Thanks again. Any other help please chime in

shouldnt be a mb issue as the grahpics and video are handled by the gpu,if it worked in xp then it has to be windows7 driver problem
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have found a few interesting things using the HDMI output first not related to you question. I will get to that.

I have to identical screens Samsung 2494hs I connected one using the DVI and the other using the HDMI and they are totaly different pictures. both color wise and size wise. Dont know how that works.

Any way back to your question make sure you give the HDMI plug a good push and wiggle into the socket I have to do this every time I use it. I hooked up a HDMI TV that was in another room as a multiple display. It was nearly impossible as the drivers kept defaulting it to the main screen and the screen near the PC was blank. I had to bring the TV in the room with the PC where both displays were so I could set up the drives so the the PC screen was the master and the TV would just be a copy of the PC screen and not an extended screen or anything else.

Good luck the latest drivers also helped me. now I can just plug the tv in and it remembers the last set up.

Good news almost there....

I guess the MINI HDMI Slot is really a tight fit and close to the back wall part of the computer case. For some reason I pushed in the MINI HDMI Adapter and pluggged in the HDMI Cable to the video card and PRESTO.... I get video on my SONY TV screen.

Have to do some adjustments on the television as it seems a little dim compared to the monitor.

Other notes....NO SOUND going to the TV....lol

Any suggestions or am I asking for too much and should be counting my blessings? haha

Unless you have connected the spdif output on your mother board to the video cards input you wont have any sound through the HDMI port.

Two options are available connect the mother board connector to the video card input. or use the back panel sound output from your mother board to connect to the audio in of your tv or amp.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6491 View Post
    Unless you have connected the spdif output on your mother board to the video cards input you wont have any sound through the HDMI port.

Two options are available connect the mother board connector to the video card input. or use the back panel sound output from your mother board to connect to the audio in of your tv or amp.
    this is no longer true for 400 series cards. The GTS450 GTX460, 465, 470, 480, 570 and 580 all use onboard HDMI audio components which are independant of any soundcard you may have installed in your system. It does however require the correct driver installed to work. This should be included in the Forceware driver package. The latest audio driver version is 1.1.9.0. Look in device manager under Sound, Video and game controllers for entries (usually around 8 of them) all Marked nVidia High Definition Audio. If they are missing then you don't have the correct audio driver installed.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Interesting I have just upgraded from the gigabyte 260 to the Gigabyte 460 and you are correct I can not see the audio connectors on the board. I have been using the latest Nvida drivers but never had sound out of the HDMI card. I normally go into the MB sound drivers and change from the speaker output which I have connected to headphones for use in front of the computer or change to the optical output which is really the co axial output for connection to my surround sound amp when watching movies on the TV.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information