Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-870A-UDR3 rebooting during POST

Default GA-870A-UDR3 rebooting during POST

I have built up a new system, with
    GA-870A-UDR3, AMD 240e with Scythe Ninja, 4GB of OCZ 1333mhz RAM. Corsair 450W HX PSU, 2.5" and 3.5" hard drive.

On a cold boot, it posts but within a few seconds it reboots itself. It repeats this until I switch off. If I switch it on again it'll boot normally.
    Also a couple of times now during POST it displayed something like "backing up BIOS to backup, newer version" or something like that.

flashed BIOS to F4. Not overclocked. Runs stable in Windows 7, no hangs as of yet. As I'm building another computer up (X58A-UD3R) I've been disconnected the power to the PSU.
    Last edited by Berties; 12-11-2010 at 06:54 PM.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: GA-870A-UDR3 rebooting during POST

Could you post screen captures of CPU-Z Memory and SPD tabs?

GA-870A-UDR3 rebooting during POST-htpc-jpg

Having another problem can't get coaxial digital out to work. Optical works fine. Changed output in realtek sound manager and in various software players no go. Changing cable now, but it's been working fine before with another computer and just checked solder/wire and they appear intact.

nevermind got it working, it appears both outputted simultaneously, was changing output in realtek and expecting it to disable the other one (connected both optical and coaxial at the same time, so changing input on the processor) Bit confusing normally when you select optical, electrical is disabled. Bit perfect works (set default rate to 44.1khz) so does dts pass through but only in foobar
    Last edited by Berties; 12-12-2010 at 05:52 AM.

Sometimes after BIOS flash i also flashes the new version to the backup BIOS, but it supposed to do it only once.
    Memory runs at 1333, are it's spec timings 9-9-9-20?

this is the RAM.

OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Gold AMD Edition Low Voltage OCZ Technology

How do you manually (or check integrity) of backup BIOS?

just had another problem on booting Windows 7 showed damaged OS (need to repair) disconnected the other hard drive in the system (data date not OS) and booted fine BIOS is set to other drive to boot. I'm getting a bit stumped here. memtest shows ram is ok

F9 in main BIOS screen shoud show main and backup BIOS versions.

Timings are ok, can you confirm memory voltage is set to 1.65v in PC Health, if not than set it manually.

You may need to increase IMC voltage for the 4GB, this is done with the NB Voltage Control and CPU NB VID Control which I am not familiar with so wait for more authoritive answer n that.

RAM voltage was set to auto, before have set to 1.64v (1.65v is not selectable) and still had the cold boot issue. Ta for F9 info shows backup bios revision so I know it's not corrupt.

PC Health Status will show the actual applied voltage.

It could be that if there is a memory problem a corrupt BIOS will be mistakenly detected.

Try to run a few passes of Memtest86+, you can download it from http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ity-tools.html
    Last edited by Chike; 12-12-2010 at 07:09 PM.

memtest passes fine 2 passes. I think default voltage is 1v, was trying to keep low and see if it's ok (seems fine no problems in windows or memtest)

Thread Information