Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | Turn ON briefly, turn OFF then turn ON when unplugged from wall

Default Re: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R

Quote Originally Posted by Torrentwin View Post
    I installed my new X58A-UD3R and same cold bootup issue.

My conclusion is: THIS IS NORMAL
    Thanks for getting back to us with this info - sorry to hear that the cold boot issue remains, but at least we know that it does not mean that the motherboards are faulty.

I was still thinking of RMA'ing my board, but after your results, I dont think it will make any difference - anyway I sold my Q9550 system earlier this week, so I guess its no going back now.

All we can do is hope that a future bios update resolves this issue.

Cheers and Merry Xmas

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | Turn ON briefly, turn OFF then turn ON when unplugged from w

No cold boot issues here?

Can you guys borrow different memory for testing?

And have you tried cold boots with one stick at a time to be sure it's not just one of your sticks causing issues?

Default Re: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | Turn ON briefly, turn OFF then turn ON when unplugged from w

Well I have tried Patriot & Corsair - and have checked each module with memtest individually, with no change to bootup.

Then it may be your BIOS settings, stable or not an incorrect setup can still cause funny issues.

This happens at stock as well correct? If so that is what was making me lean towards the memory itself, it should not happen at all at stock.

Did you cold boot test each stick one by one, waiting several hours or overnight to test each stick separately?

And I mean cold boot into windows, not memtest, but that would be ok too. It's just important to test one by one, after 4+ hours to ensure you are actually cold boot testing each stick.

I'd suggest taking 3 days to do it, one new stick each night, set it up in the BIOS to spec (With voltage and speed manually set, and a known good stable QPI/Vtt and Uncore value) and then in the morning see how it starts.

If it's fine leave it running that day with the same BIOS settings and that stick, or save that BIOS setting as a profile and load it later if you need to use all your memory during the day. Then that next night switch to the second stick before you go to sleep and load that BIOS profile and check it, and so on until you have tested all three modules.

If they all pass or act the same then it may be the settings used, or the actual memory itself if they all have issues of any sort.

Ok - I see what you are suggesting, I will give it a try over the holidays. I may be able to swap my Patriot Ram for Kingston, so that will allow me to test another brand. I guess the main thing we need to know is that our boards are not faulty or have some kind of defect - the tweaking of bios settings etc is not a problem if the parts are all ok.

Thanks

I'd try to borrow for testing if you can, instead of an actual swap with a store in case that is not the issue.

That or buy a single cheap 1-2GB DDR3 stick for testing.

Default Re: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    That or buy a single cheap 1-2GB DDR3 stick for testing.
    I bought 2GB DDR3 1333mhz at Bureau en Gros and had the same cold boot issue with 2 new motherboards.

Gigabyte said to me that this cold bootup recycle is normal.

Happy holidays !

It's not at stock, but depending on your overclock it may be.

OK guys - just tried the latest FE official bios (not FE1) and my start/stop/start issues following a cold boot are resolved now :)

The FE bios description from the Gigabyte site says enhanced SATA3 compatibility - but I think it does more than that!

So far I have tried it using Optimised Settings only and I no longer have any cold boot issues - I will try some overclock settings and bios tweaking later to see how that works out.

Thanks Gigabyte for making a great motherboard even better :)

I hope all you guys that were having these cold boot issues can resolve them like me by using the new bios.

Cheers

is there anyway to update your bios without a floppy drive? i.e. via USB stick?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information