Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0 12gb problem and general RAM problems

Default Re: GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0 12gb problem and general RAM problems

just descovered that even though memtest came back with zero errors when each stick was tested individually i ran memtest with all 6 sticks installed and the screen was red with errors! tests seem good with 3 sticks installed. im going to try each one of the remaining 3 sticks to see what happens.
    is this happening because of voltages being set incorrectly? or somthing else? motherboard problems?

still no luck getting it stable! can anyone help? i'm still not sure if the voltages I have set whn overclocked are right?

decided thatt i'm either going to return or sell the 2 6gb kits and buy one corsair 12gb kit

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Voltages looked good to me, aside from maybe you needed 1.4-1.5 QPI/Vtt for 12GB, it's all up to your CPU.

Uncore of 22-23 may also help a lot, did you try that? Ideal uncore is around 3.4-3.7Ghz

12GB kit vs. two 6GB kits is a marketing ploy, while 12GB kits are indeed meant for each other a 2x 6GB kit will be fine as well once you have the settings correct.

I've posted this a few times for users that thought you had to use the exact same 6GB kits, or a 12GB kit, hope it helps anyone trying to decide

It's all marketing!!

12GB of mixed memory @ 1600Mhz. 3 different sets mixed, all with different timings and IC's, even a second brand threw in to mix it up. Each channel set to spec of installed memory, so this is REAL Triple channel :)

12GB Mixed memory @ 1600Mhz. 2 mixed sets, different timings and IC's

I've upped the uncore to 22 and the QPI/Vtt to 1.475
    passed the intel burn test with no problems. it doesn't even start the prime test. all the cores come back with rounding errors. though it doesn't BSOD anymore within 15mins of a coldboot

So, that sounds like you are getting closer then!

Keep tweaking and I'm sure you will get it, or did you already return the memory for the 12GB set?

And hey, I noticed your first post above, and your last comment. When you tested each stick one by one, was that on a cold boot each time for each stick?

If not please test that way, one stick cold boot each morning, it may just be 1-2 of the sticks causing the cold boot issues.

i took your advice and I didn't return the memory. Going to keep trying with what I have as i seem to be getting closer thanks for all your advice.
    i'm a bit afraid to set the qpi/VTT to more than 1.5 as i'm afraid i'll end up frying something.
    With the uncore set to 22 i'm getting around 3.6 Ghz so i'm not going to set it to 23.
    but i'm happier now that Its not BSOD within 15mins of a cold boot.
    would setting qpi/VTT higher than 1.5 cause any adverse effects? i'm a bit puzzled that prime doesn't even begin any tests yet intelburn passes no problems

I was also told that the it maybe because i'm running all 6 sticks at 1600MHZ.
    Would dropping the speed to 1333 and the voltage to 1.5 rather than 1.66?
    Last edited by greeble; 01-16-2011 at 02:02 AM.

1.5 or more will be fine, but it's probably not needed. Some memory 2000Mhz type, need 1.5-1.6 and comes programmed that way.

I made a post about it a while ago here, but as I mentioned you probably don't need it at 1600Mhz
    QPI/Vtt Voltage post (High is OK)

I've ran 1.45-1.6 very hard for long periods without ever having issues, again though just saying this to let you know it's ok not that you need it.

3.6Ghz is good, if you are under that now trying getting it closer or above 3.6 as it may help.

Maybe your prime is corrupted or something, download it again just to be sure?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information