Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: More troubles with my UDR3-this time flashing the BIOS

Default More troubles with my UDR3-this time flashing the BIOS

So I read page 72 of the manual (pdf version, fresh off GB's site) and it says to copy the extracted files to a floppy or thumbdrive. I copied it to a freshly formatted FAT32 thumbdrive, I'm looking at the drive right now and there the files are, including X58AUD3R.FD, autoexec.bat, and FLASHSPI.EXE. Page 72 says after copying them (and making sure that the thumbdrive is formatted FAT32, which I have) to insert a floppy with the files in the floppy drive. I don't have a floppy drive. It doesn't mention where to insert the USB drive. I tried a front panel port and one of the rear panel ports. The instructions for Q-Flash say to select the drive to load the BIOS from. When I start Q-Flash by hitting END during POST then select Update BIOS from Drive I get a list that only has one drive, Floppy A. The thumbdrive doesn't show at all. Now what? I keep running out of ideas on this project. Apparently there's a lot of inherent knowledge that I just don't have that I'm assumed to have. Is this board defective?

Default Re: More troubles with my UDR3-this time flashing the BIOS

enabled usb legacy support in bios? should see the mem stick then
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: More troubles with my UDR3-this time flashing the BIOS

Got the BIOS flashed. I just kept trying different USB ports front and back over and over again and suddenly after more than a dozen tries it found the USB as HD 0-0. The flash itself was uneventful. First thing that's worked right on this build. :)

Thread Information