Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BSOD help?

NGL_BrSH is offline Member

Default Re: BSOD help?

Well I stopped *mildly* overclocking my video card and I stopped getting BSOD's.

When I say mild i mean like 5%. I'm thinking that It's time to upgrade my PSU. I'm going to try that first and go from there.
    I have a PC power&cooling silencer 750 (back before OCZ bought them)
    I'm running 2 10k raptors in raid, 2 large storage drives, 2 dvd drives, a large watercookign setup, A hefty overclock on my i7 930, 3 sticks of ddr3, several usb devices, xfi sound card, fan controller, and several fans.

I'm going to switch to a 1000w corsair and see if that helps my video card overclock.

I also though about saving about 50 watts and getting a revodrive instead for blazing speed increase however I think that this is a sign that my psu is on it's way out.

I think 1000w PSU is a lot for your set up, but to each is own. I had almost the same set up, 2 300gb raptors raid0, 2 1tb storage raid1, 5850 running @ 950/1260, 6gb pc-16000 etc and overclocked to4.3ghz 50 pass LinX stable with a corsair hx750. I would like to know the BSOD code also.

OK so last night I broke out my fluke trueRMS multimeter. I overclocked the video card again and put my meter on one of the 4 pin 12v cables.

When overclocked and under full load in linX it went from 12.13v to 12.12. Same results when I went in game COD. So perhaps the psu is still functioning fine. Must just be a bad overclock on the card i guess.

Thank you for you input.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

came home to a BSOD: STOP: 0x0000007E

***iaStor.sys - address blah blah

heres the screen shot:
    http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/5003/dsc01970k.jpg

any ideas?

I have recently been fighting my ATI 5850 and it's HDMI output. maybe related.. maybe my raid array dying (hopefully so i have an excuse for a revodrive). I dunno :(

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information