Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: System freeze on X58A-UD3R rev 2

Default Re: System freeze on X58A-UD3R rev 2

Got tired of messing with OCZ memory. It will probably be the last time I use OCZ. I also had (still have) issues with Gigabyte and OCZ on my HTPC. I have yet to find out why the Media Center stop responding to the input for a few seconds. There the problem is complicated by the integrated video that is using the same memory and bus as the main memory.

So I ditch OCZ and with Kingston memory it works fine w/o me having to do any special setting. It also cost less for double the memory (12GB) on same 3 modules.

The freeze may not have to do with the memory but with Intel RAID controller. It does not like to have two arrays each made up of different SATA HDD speeds. I had one with SATA and one with SATA II disks and the freezing went away when running only one array or when using same disk speed in all arrays (SATA II).

Thanks for the help.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: System freeze on X58A-UD3R rev 2

Nice to see you finally got a stable system in the end! I bet that SATA + SATAII was an issue, ditch those old drives already - no need to use them anymore when you can get a 1-2TB SATAII drive for around $50

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information