Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte HD 6850 OC too much fan speed in idle....

Default Re: Gigabyte HD 6850 OC too much fan speed in idle....

Well, I also saw that bios on their site, but it turn out that my board came with that bios xD

Are you sure? Becouse from what I read that BIOS has fan curve starting from 50% not 20% as you said it has without CCC.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure... in fact, I extracted the bios from my card using gpuz and then opened with RBE to compare it to the one on the Gigabyte site; was the same.

And you still have fan about 75%? I read this helped. Anyway, in your BIOS, where does your fan curve starts?

Sorry for the delay...

Hmm, no more fan issues and I reflashed the vga using VGA@BIOS from Gigabyte Site, using the bios on that webpage.

I can tell you now that, as you mentioned before, the fan curve starts at 50% checking with RBE but, when you monitor the fan speed with GPU-Z it shows 25% and 40 at iddle (I'm from South America, Chile).

To sum up, it worked like a charm :D

Nice. Do you know what makes me pissed? OC version, supposed to be little bit better, yes fan issue, no voltage change options....

hi

somebody told the afterburner work for this card (gigabyte 6850) but i installed it and don't work.. temperatures increase but fan is on default 38%.

can u help solve this problem? this is screenshot of settings

http://www.publicjb.sk/images/C1cOo/dektop.jpg

I got one of these cards last week, and the fan is around 50% idle all the time. There is no bios listed on the Gigabyte page for this card. There is a bios for the non-oc version, am i supposed to use that? The card works great, it's a massive improvement over my old GTS 250 but I don't really want the fan running at 50% all the time, as I have my machine on pretty much all the time and I am not always gaming.

NoJuan999 is offline Member

I use Sapphire Trixx instead of CCC at Windows Start up and a custom Fan Profile.
    My Fan is at 33% (where I set it) at Idle now, compared to teh default 45% at Idle.

I had read that the aftermarket programs such as Trixx and Afterburner don't work with the OC version of the Gigabyte 6850 because it uses an oddball voltage controller or something. So I can use that Trixx program with this card even though that is a Sapphire product? Would i have to remove the catalyst control panel and how do i do that without removing the driver?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information