Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-X58A-UD3R - Unstable booting

Default Re: GA-X58A-UD3R - Unstable booting

Thats great - at least you have isolated the issue, thanks for the feedback on your findings.

As you can imagine, its not easy to diagnose PC problems without having hands on access to the PC or being able to isolate parts to test - there are so many variables involved. Still you took the right approach in isolating the issue and as much as these things are a nuisance, there are always things to learn.

The guys here were very good in offering ideas and support to problem solve my issue - which fortunately was fixed with a bios update (FE).

It is unfortunate that you had a problem with the video card, but I am sure that once it is replaced, you will really enjoy your new system - the X58A-UD3R is a great board and I am very happy with my new system.

Cheers

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-X58A-UD3R - Unstable booting

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    Thanks Lsdmeasap.

Well I spent 3 hours pulling the two machines apart and uninstalling the graphics drivers and swapping video cards.
    1 - The GTX480 did NOT work in the old machine. It was having boot problems and didn't behave properly in windows. SOOO.... I guess it is the video card.

2 - I put a 5770 video card in the new computer and everything worked just fine. Even the memory running XMP at 1600. I even stuck the 2nd set in for a total of 12Gig at 1600 and it runs just fine.

I feel much better. I will request an RMA from Gigabyte for the video card rather than the mother board. At least I can use the machine until they turn around the card.

I appreciate everyone's help.

Dave
    Anytime man!

Ya, sounds like the card is faulty for sure after hearing your testing efforts.

If you can still RMA with the place you bought the card that would be great, but if not don't worry Gigabyte RMA is fairly quick too (14-21 days normally).

Nice to see you got it all sorted out though!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information