Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GA-EX38-DQ6 : kernel processor error at windows boot

Default Re: GA-EX38-DQ6 : kernel processor error at windows boot

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    You have to disable C1E and EIST if you want x9 at idle
    Yes I know that, I don't want to.

I'm just thinking that the overheat had damaged my proc or the motherboard, or both, or something else ?
    In game I have poor performance, sound is crappy, something goes wrong.

I've tried a long clear CMOS (removed battery + jumper) for all the night. This morning, at first boot, nothing on screen. Fans were running at full speed (as they used to when you boot a the very beginning).
    Shut down the computer, reboot it again : boot normally. Load optimized etcetc.
    I'm running a Prime95 see if it's stable, but I don't know what to do.

Good news is I have another E8400 on my hands now, so I can test it on my motherboard tonight see what's happening.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ahh ok, well that is up to you.

Just so you know, that is normal and how it is supposed to function then, nothing is wrong as far as the CPU multiplier.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Ahh ok, well that is up to you.

Just so you know, that is normal and how it is supposed to function then, nothing is wrong as far as the CPU multiplier.
    Yep, but I think it's a little strange that in game, coef is still 6x, and so I have poor performance.

btw long clear cmos is really a clear clear cmos, as I see in windows that my current time is 01/01/2009 !
    Prime95 running since 5hours now and everything is ok. I'll try to launch game tonight see what's happen, and if it still unsuccessful i'll try the other E8400.

also, others games (Left4Dead, TeamFortress 2) refuse to launch. Do you think that my SSD can be damaged ?
    My guess is, the motherboard is. That explain why sound became crappy, things does not launch... Also the initial error on eventlog about the core ?

Did you test the game windowed, so you can actually view CPU-z?

If so, maybe the game does not produce any load on the CPU enough to make it raise.

Games refusing to launch could be anything. Do you have a backup of the system? If so I'd try restoring a backup to see if that works, if not you may want to try a clean install.

The SSD wouldn't have been damaged when the system overheat and shutdown, the data could have been corrupted though.

I have dual screen so yes I saw CPU-z on the other screen. Strange thing is, CPU-z says 9x, but TMonitor (another tools for cpuid : CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting ) says 6x/7x/8x/9x (change a lot, but more often on 6x than the others).
    Maybe the game does not produced any load (and it's the case as the CPU is at ~80%, not full load), but before this problem I never had any performance issue in the same game. That's really strange, but yes, maybe it's not the processor that is damaged, but the motherboard (and then can't "coordinate" well the CPU with ram/gpu/sound, I don't know...).

I've already made a clean install of Windows, that's the first thing I've tried. I'm agree that the SSD should not be damaged though, but well at this point I'm trying to think that the truth is out there

I finally found the problem !!

Tried to change the processor but still got the poor performance in game.

Then, I moved my GTX260 on the other PCIExpress port off the motherboard : everything is back to normal. I have my performance back, no more crappy sounds (my sound card is on pci express too).

Okay, so my problem is solved. But what does this mean ? My first pci express 16x is damaged due to overheat ? That's quite strange. I guess my motherboard didn't like the overheat, as I also had the error about CE1 at boot before the clear cmos.

Is there any test or something I can do to monitor my board to check if anything else is broken ?

Chike is offline Senior Member

Could be just due to old age.
    This motherboard is built for speed but it's always good to keep the temps as low as possible. What the system temperature is like?
    2. 3 x PCI Express x1 slots (share with the PCIE_16_2 slot)
    This mean you probably run only at x8, (check with CPU-Z, motherboard tab) but still not a problem.
    If still under warrenty you may have it RMAd, though it would be a good idea to check with another card as well before you do.

CPUZ says x16, as GPUZ, strange ?

I have no problem with system temp atm, when I was talking about overheat I was talking about my first initial failure that messed up my system (my pump's watercooling stopped working when I was not near my computer, when i came back my computer was shut down).

Unfortunatelly I'm not under warranty anymore

If you don't have a card in the first PCIE slot the second will still run at x16, so you should be fine using it there.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by petoulachi View Post
    CPUZ says x16, as GPUZ, strange ?
    Both Link and max at x16 in CPU-Z? Yes strange since it share bandwidth with the PCI-E x1 slots.

GIGABYTE motherboards carry a 3 years warrenty since manufacturing date.
    The first 4 digits in the serial number represents the year and week of manufatur (YYWW), you may still have few days left before it expires.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information