Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time to upgrade again!

Default Re: Time to upgrade again!

Actually I did, just set the multiplier to 38 and didn't touch anything else, seem perfect. May try 40 and see what the temps are..

Chike is offline Senior Member

You may want to make sure target voltages with ET6 are not too high.
    I don't know how thsoe motherboard BIOS behave, best be safe than sorry.

Sorry I'm late in posting... Nice system, you should notice a real difference with that new setup compared to your last.

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    You may want to make sure target voltages with ET6 are not too high.
    I don't know how thsoe motherboard BIOS behave, best be safe than sorry.
    Chike -I went into BIOS and reset it to "Optimized defaults", then popped the multiplier up to 38. It's running great and at very low temps.. Thanks.

No one noticed I bought the wrong SSD drive (as I had no clue at the time). I RMA'd it and am now getting - Crucial RealSSD C300 CTFDDAC128MAG-1G1 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) once the credit goes through.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryR View Post
    Well, After reading a bit and checking out the TT OC guide for the new Sandy Bridge CPU I bought the following -

1 GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD3 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - P67 allows for overclocking
    1 GIGABYTE GV-R587UD-1GD Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video ...
    1 Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I72600K - 2600K allows for overclocking
    1 Crucial RealSSD C300 CTFDDAA128MAG-1G1 1.8" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - (RMA'd, has a mini-Sata interface and it seems some have issues with the adapter)
    1 Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Dual Channel
    1 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM
    1 LITE-ON Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 24X DVD Writer

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Sorry, most overlook details on C300 and just notice you said C300. I know I did, and that's probably how you ordered the wrong one to begin with too.

I think they need to make it more clear to buyers which is which.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Sorry, most overlook details on C300 and just notice you said C300. I know I did, and that's probably how you ordered the wrong one to begin with too.

I think they need to make it more clear to buyers which is which.
    No ones fault but my own but I agree. I chose that one from Tom's Hardware review and the price. They don't differentiate the difference between the 1.8 and 2.5 and in the specs don't mention one is SATA and the other mini-SATA (plugs).. If I didn't read about many having issues with using the adapter I may have tried it but I think i'm better off just getting the correct drive, especially since I am up and running with Vista 64 now anyway. When I get it i'll throw Win7 on it and keep this boot drive in the wings.. just in case I have any issues.
    Antec 900 Full Tower w/Antec TruePower 850W
    Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3 w/Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge running at 3.8GHz
    Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 8GB DDR3
    Crucial RealSSD C300 128GB SATA 3
    Gigabyte GV-R587UD-1GD Radeon HD 5870

LITE-ON Black 24X DVD
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Don't feel bad you are not alone, I've seen several people get that smaller drive on the Crucial forum too. That's why I think they shouldn't have made the model #'s look so close like they are now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information