Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Gigabyte p45c-ud3r motherboard issues please help!

Exclamation Gigabyte p45c-ud3r motherboard issues please help!

hi everyone, I have an issue with my motherboard. When i go to change any components i always flip the switch on my power supply and disconnect the power cord that runs to the wall outlet. After i am through with the components i hook up the pwr cord and flip the switch back on, and when i turn on the computer it turns on the fans and then shuts down right after. But after that it comes on again and beeps saying everything is ok.

what i want to know is what causes that first start-up failure? i tested my power supply and it is running smooth. nothing else seems to have any issues, it runs steady once its started. The motherboard is the only component i haven't been able to test for failures. i ran memtest, i've ran my psu and tested with a volt meter, i've tested my hard drive and my video card.

If anyone has some insight to my problem please post, thanks in advance.

intel core2 quad q8200
    ocz 2gb ddr2 1066mhz sli edition
    gigabyte p45c-u3dr
    raidmax hybrid 2 630watt modular psu
    sapphire ati 4350
    western digital caviar blue 250gb
    Last edited by Heathrow83; 01-23-2011 at 11:56 PM.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Gigabyte p45c-ud3r motherboard issues please help!

Do you OC or use optimized defaults?
    Does this happen every cold boot or just once after you disconnect the power?
    When you enter BIOS M.I.T do you get a red warning of failed OC?

All gigabyte motherboards do this. it is no failure in any way. it is called double boot or something, this issue.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

This is normal as mentioned above, especially if you disconnect the power, but only normal if you do not see a red warning when entering the MIT Section of the BIOS.

the red banner does pop up when i try to oc but i only step up in small increments. but the banner does not occur when i do the psu disconnect. the double boot process only occurs when i also do the disconnect and only then, unless i try overclocking but it tends to continue to fail post until i actually manually shut the tower down.

i recently down-clocked the ram to 800mHz and it runs stable i just don't get why i can't run the ram at the manufacture's specs.

i am thinking about new ram ddr3 types would like suggestions on which to buy for around $50 CAD subtotal

thanks in advance to all who reply

Please add you system specs to your forum signature including a link to your memory manufacturer webpage or at least model/part number, board revision BIOS version and other hardware.
    Fill the template from this post with your settings for DDR-1066 and we will try to advise.

OK here is my specs.

<nobr style="color: rgb(43, 101, 176);" id="itxthook0w0nobr" class="itxtrst itxtrstnobr itxthooknobr">intel</nobr> core2 quad q8200
    (Intel® Core)

ocz 2gb ddr2 1066mhz sli edition
    (OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 SLI-Ready Edition Dual Channel *EOL - OCZ)

gigabyte p45c-u3dr
    (http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=2953#ov)

raidmax hybrid 2 630watt modular psu
    (RAIDMAX::Hybrid RX-630SS)

sapphire ati 4350
    (SAPPHIRE HD 4350 512MB DDR2 PCI-E)

western<nobr style="color: rgb(43, 101, 176);" id="itxthook1w2nobr" class="itxtrst itxtrstnobr itxthooknobr">digital</nobr> caviar blue 250gb
    (wd2500aaks)

i didn't think you guys needed the hard drive web site and besides its confusing to navigate. But as i said in my last post i'm looking to upgrade my ram to 4gb of ddr3. I wanted to find out which manufacturers are compatible with my motherboard. the memory support list on gigabytes website was out dated as far as i can tell. hopefully i was thorough enough with my specs. if not, i'm sure you'll ask for what is missing.

also i'm not to experienced with forums and i haven't found the template that you were talking about but i'm gonna continue to find it.
    Last edited by Heathrow83; 02-26-2011 at 10:46 AM.

Would be hard to tell, the board is old and not many BIOS updates, you will have to take your chances with the memory or try to search what other people are using successfuly with the same board.

Thread Information