Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: P55A-UD4P + Win7 Cannot wake from sleep

Default P55A-UD4P + Win7 Cannot wake from sleep

Hi guys,

I have a GA-P55A-UD4P rev.1 and lately I've been having trouble resuming from sleep in Windows 7. The problem has been occurring since I upgraded to the latest BIOS (F14). Previous to that BIOS upgrade, I have not had any issues with Win7 sleep. I have S3 sleep enabled in BIOS and I've tried enabling/disabling ErP/S5 mode as well (doesn't seem to make a difference).

What happens is, when I push a key or the power button to wake the system up, the power lights come on, the fans start spinning, but the system doesn't resume. Certain lights that should be lit (such as the light on my wifi adapter) do not come on. Repeated pushing of the keyboard keys or clicking the mouse, or pushing the power/reset buttons does not help. The system is stuck in this "coma" state until I reach around back and switch the power supply off and then back on. After I do this, the system is able to power up normally. Sometimes it goes right to a "Resuming Windows..." screen, and sometimes it gives the "Windows did not shut down correctly" screen. It seems totally random.

I am currently overclocked (stable) to 3.8ghz from 2.8ghz stock. I have all the power saving features enabled in BIOS (EIST, C-states, etc). When I was running stock, the system still wouldn't resume automatically like it used to but, it would wake up if I hit the reset button (oddly enough). However, with the overclock, this trick does not work anymore.

I've tried turning off Hybrid sleep in Win7, but that doesn't seem to help. If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it! Thanks.

Relevant system info:
    Core i7 860
    GA-P55A-UD4P F14
    4x2GB G.Skill Eco DDR3-1600
    Radeon HD5870
    OCZ Vertex 2 120 GB SSD
    3x WD Caviar Black HDDs
    Enermax MODU82+ 625W PSU
    Win7 x64

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: P55A-UD4P + Win7 Cannot wake from sleep

It may be broke in the latest BIOS then, can you go back to the previous one and test to be sure?

Also, since you are overclocking, you may need to re-tweak and test for stability on the new BIOS as you must be 100% stable to resume from S3 sleep.

So you may need a little different settings in the new BIOS compared to the old one as they are not always the same, did you try more ram voltage at least?

Default Re: P55A-UD4P + Win7 Cannot wake from sleep

I didn't even know I could flash to an older BIOS. Thanks, I may try that.

And yeah I hear what you are saying, most likely my oc is not as stable as I thought. :/ I'll keep tweaking the settings in BIOS. I might also go down from 4 sticks of ram to 2 for increased stability on the memory controller.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Thread Information