Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-73PVM-S2H ~ USB Port question

Default GA-73PVM-S2H ~ USB Port question

Hi.

Can someone explain what might be going on here please.

M/B ~ GA-73PVM-S2H.

I have a Belkin USB Hub which is connected to one of the rear M/B USB ports and works fine.
    I also have a USB Wireless Adapter which is plugged into one of the Hub Ports and works fine.
    To tidy wiring up a bit, I removed the Wireless Adapter USB plug from the Hub and plugged directly into Motherboard USB and Wireless Adaptor stops working.
    Even if I plug the Wireless Adaptor into the M/B USB port which the Hub was using still does not work.
    Plug the Hub into the M/B USB Port and and the Adapter into the Hub again and it works OK.

Can anyone explain why the Wireless Adaptor will not work when plugged directly into the M/B but works OK in plugged into a Hub which is plugged into the M/B?
    Thanks.

kick is offline Senior Member

Default Re: GA-73PVM-S2H ~ USB Port question

hub has a known address for the wireless adapter and the pc doesnt?
    check for device conflicts?
    which windows version is it?
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Default Re: GA-73PVM-S2H ~ USB Port question

Have tried uninstalling the Adapter Driver then connecting Adapter directly to one of the mobo ports and reinstalling the Adapter driver ~ no luck just a red cross in the Taskbar connection Icon no yellow markers in Device Manager anywhere.
    This Adapter seems to only work from a powered USB Hub so looks like the answer is it needs to be connected in this way.
    Have read on the 'net that some devices require more power than mobo can supply thus could this be reason why it (Alfa Network AWUS036H 1000mW Wireless G USB Adapter) will work from a powered Hub USB port?

OS is Windows 7.

Thread Information