Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: P67A-UD4 - Unable to flash BIOS (Windows 7 64-bit)

Default Re: P67A-UD4 - Unable to flash BIOS (Windows 7 64-bit)

Checksum=3a00 is harmless. I updated fine.

BIOS is the set of menus with the blue colored background. In it, you press F8. The flash program should identify your FAT32 formatted USB stick as HDD 0-0.

Also, for sake of security, don't forget to return boot priority to your os drive! :)

I have 1st...disable (I leave blank for troubleshooting or memtest, in which case I put CD ROM here)
    2nd...HDD
    3rd...disable.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think a USB stick with only the BIOS file in it does anything.

:)

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

Thumbs up Re: P67A-UD4 - Unable to flash BIOS (Windows 7 64-bit)

For flashing your bios using QFlash, the only file needed on a floppy or usb drive is the actual bios file.
    Another option is to create a bootable floppy or usb flash drive that includes the bios file.

Another nice QFlash feature is the option to save your current bios settings and saved bios profiles to any FAT12/16/32 drive or partition.
    This has saved me a lot of grief on several occasions.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

In the UK Gigabyte Forum we have been finding that often even if the updated @BIOS won't work that flashing using FlashSPI works fine. Of course you still need a drive to be recognised by the USB port.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mantis View Post
    In the UK Gigabyte Forum we have been finding that often even if the updated @BIOS won't work that flashing using FlashSPI works fine. Of course you still need a drive to be recognised by the USB port.
    Hey Dark Mantis!!

If you ever have users that cannot create a hard drive partition, do not have a floppy, or compatible USB Stick please shoot me an email, I can make anyone a CD ISO for BIOS flashing.

It just has to be made each time for each new user so I can include the BIOS file needed.

Or if you want I can create an ISO to flash with but without a BIOS file or flasher, then each user would need 2 CD's (One for the DOS Load, and one for Flashxxx and BIOS file).

BIOS Qflash checksums will vary from BIOS to BIOS file, they are actual checksums. Each one will show 4 digits, that can be any value, as long as you see 4 digits you are fine to flash.

Hi Lsdmeasap, I managed to create a FAT32 partition on a spare hard drive, copied the F4, F5, F6 and F7b bios files to the root of it and then rebooted. This time QFlash was able to find the drive but complained that the bios files were invalid (can't remember the exact error message). I really doubt that the both the bios files are corrupted (I re-downloaded them and did a binary compare and it said they were identical) so I guess I'm down to trying to boot from the USB drive or using your CD ISO solution.

Do you have a link for how to make a bootable USB stick?

Cheers,
    Ben

Never mind, I just found your sticky thread with instructions on how to make a bootable USB key so I'll give that a go tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Hey Dark Mantis!!

If you ever have users that cannot create a hard drive partition, do not have a floppy, or compatible USB Stick please shoot me an email, I can make anyone a CD ISO for BIOS flashing.

It just has to be made each time for each new user so I can include the BIOS file needed.

Or if you want I can create an ISO to flash with but without a BIOS file or flasher, then each user would need 2 CD's (One for the DOS Load, and one for Flashxxx and BIOS file).

BIOS Qflash checksums will vary from BIOS to BIOS file, they are actual checksums. Each one will show 4 digits, that can be any value, as long as you see 4 digits you are fine to flash.
    Hi Lsdmeasap how's things!!

Yes that would be great please if you could do one for the P67A-UD5 would be good for a start and I can sort it from there. I reckon theres going to be a lot of BIOS bashing shortly along with returned boards etc!!!
    I won't ask what you have been busy with recently but it seems that you have been absolutely snowed under.
    Last edited by Dark Mantis; 02-01-2011 at 11:47 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Ben70 View Post
    Never mind, I just found your sticky thread with instructions on how to make a bootable USB key so I'll give that a go tomorrow.
    Let us know how you get along! As for your FAT32 partition on the hard drive, did you have the BIOS files inside a folder on that drive, or in the root of the drive? Not certain, but they may need to be in the root only not in a folder.

Also be sure you have already extracted the BIOS file, so there is the BIOS file only for example P67-UD4.F7b. If you are on the shipped BIOS that came with the board you will need to use DOS flash or @BIOS for the first initial flash so that Qflash can be updated and made compatible with the new BIOSes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mantis View Post
    Hi Lsdmeasap how's things!!

Yes that would be great please if you could do one for the P67A-UD5 would be good for a start and I can sort it from there. I reckon theres going to be a lot of BIOS bashing shortly along with returned boards etc!!!
    I won't ask what you have been busy with recently but it seems that you have been absolutely snowed under.
    No problem man, I'll make that for you shortly and shoot you and email reminder. As for the recall, I haven't heard what's going to happen, wonder if they will stop even making BIOSes for the current boards?

Yes, as always I've put a little too much on my plate recently :(

I'll update this thread in a few with CD ISO, in case you are reading this and I get a chance to make it right now.

Dark Mantis, here ya go!

Contains FlashSPI and the following BIOSes (F5x, F6, and F6a)

Gigabyte.Bootable.BIOSFlash.P67-UD5.zip

Please include this info for anyone you pass the file along to, I meant to include it in a text file and forgot.

How to use:

Change drive path to Z after DOS Loads

type Z: at the A:> Prompt

Then dir/w shows the files on Z

To flash BIOS use the following command from the Z:> Prompt, example given for F6a

Z:>flashspi /Z p67aud5.f6a
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 02-02-2011 at 05:04 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information