Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: P67A-UD4 - Unable to flash BIOS (Windows 7 64-bit)

Default Re: P67A-UD4 - Unable to flash BIOS (Windows 7 64-bit)

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Also be sure you have already extracted the BIOS file, so there is the BIOS file only for example P67-UD4.F7b. If you are on the shipped BIOS that came with the board you will need to use DOS flash or @BIOS for the first initial flash so that Qflash can be updated and made compatible with the new BIOSes.
    This is my problem. I am using the updated @bios, but keep getting a checksum error. I have tried alt+f12 on boot to save over, but cannot get it to work. Plus I do not have a floppy drive. So am I stuck with F3 (not necasserily a bad thing since I almost have a stable overclock at 4.8Ghz(passes Intel Burn Test and Prime 95 Small FFT, but errors in Prime Blend) and was able to get 5.0 stable through Intel Burn Test). Any advice? Do I need to be in the admin account? I just read how the default account in Windows 7 is not the admin account, which I thought it was.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Try using the right ALT key instead of the left one.

You can flash from CD if you have too, or USB. Admin account wont matter in windows, @BIOS should work fine for you no matter, but if you are having issues flash with one of the other many methods and then before you overclock anything get that backup BIOS flashed past F3 so you can start using Qflash always again.

I have never seen @BIOS give a Checksum error, are you sure you are not confusing @BIOS with Qflash? Not saying your wrong, just saying I've never seen it, can you show us a screenshot. Thanks

Hi Lsdmeasap and a big thanks for doing that buddy.

From what I have heard Gigabyte has ceased production of all new Intel line and are asking customers to hang onto their boards until Aprilish when they will be able to do a straight swap for a new board (B3) and this will be done via the suppliers /retailers.

As for the EFI/BIOSes I haven't heard but I suspect like you that they will be put on hold for the forseeable future, well at least until there is sight of the new chips.

Hey slow down man! You have got to learn to take it easier and chill.

Catch ya soon
    DM

I forgot to tell you I just had a poster that reckons his mobo boots even without a CPU! COOL!!!
    Last edited by Dark Mantis; 02-02-2011 at 10:59 PM.

Try using the right ALT key instead of the left one.

You can flash from CD if you have too, or USB. Admin account wont matter in windows, @BIOS should work fine for you no matter, but if you are having issues flash with one of the other many methods and then before you overclock anything get that backup BIOS flashed past F3 so you can start using Qflash always again.

I have never seen @BIOS give a Checksum error, are you sure you are not confusing @BIOS with Qflash? Not saying your wrong, just saying I've never seen it, can you show us a screenshot. Thanks
    Here is a video of the process:

using @bios YouTube - Bios Flash

restart YouTube - Bios loading

and during the second boot, I was pressing alt+f12 on the right side
    Last edited by 77Pat; 02-03-2011 at 12:27 AM.

Thanks for the video, I thought you meant Checksum error with the actual program @BIOS.

Please try again with @BIOS, this time check the "Clear DMI Pool" box. Then reboot and load optimized and try it again.

If the same happens do it again, this time with only one stick of memory installed and see if that helps.

If neither of those help go ahead and try one last time, but on this attempt leave fail safe loaded (IE Don't load optimized) and just reboot it from the BIOS once, then use ALT + F12 to flash the backup to the newer BIOS version, then you wont have such a hassle when things fail.

I'd also go ahead and try this with the latest F7f instead of F6x in case F6x is what is causing the issue for you.

Thanks for the video, I thought you meant Checksum error with the actual program @BIOS.

Please try again with @BIOS, this time check the "Clear DMI Pool" box. Then reboot and load optimized and try it again.

If the same happens do it again, this time with only one stick of memory installed and see if that helps.

If neither of those help go ahead and try one last time, but on this attempt leave fail safe loaded (IE Don't load optimized) and just reboot it from the BIOS once, then use ALT + F12 to flash the backup to the newer BIOS version, then you wont have such a hassle when things fail.

I'd also go ahead and try this with the latest F7f instead of F6x in case F6x is what is causing the issue for you.
    I tried again using F7h.

the first time
    both boxes checked, using fail safe defaults=checksum error

2nd time
    1 stick ram, both boxes checked, optimal=checksum error

3rd
    1 stick ram, both boxes checked, fail safe= checksum error

And I pressed Alt+F12 and it would not let me save. It does not even boot to boot options that way.

Thank you for the help. Guess I will just wait until the new motherboards are out and hopefully be able to upgrade bios then.

Man, sorry to hear!

Please try one more time, with one stick of memory in slot # 2 or 4 from the CPU. Then this time again be sure you check the clear DMI Pool Data in @BIOS, then when the BIOS flash is complete reboot and enter the BIOS.

Once in the BIOS manually power the board down with the case on/off switch. Then once shut down, unplug the PSU from the wall and press and hold the case power on.off button for one minute, then short the Clear CMOS pins for 10-15 seconds.

Then connect the PSU again and start the machine and do the ALT+F12 on the first startup, use the right ALT key and hold it down then press F12 a few (5-8) seconds after you see the splash screen.

That should get you going I think. ALT + F12 shouldn't bring up a boot menu at all, if you see it then that means the ALT key was not invoked so try again with the other ALT Key

Man, sorry to hear!

Please try one more time, with one stick of memory in slot # 2 or 4 from the CPU. Then this time again be sure you check the clear DMI Pool Data in @BIOS, then when the BIOS flash is complete reboot and enter the BIOS.

Once in the BIOS manually power the board down with the case on/off switch. Then once shut down, unplug the PSU from the wall and press and hold the case power on.off button for one minute, then short the Clear CMOS pins for 10-15 seconds.

Then connect the PSU again and start the machine and do the ALT+F12 on the first startup, use the right ALT key and hold it down then press F12 a few (5-8) seconds after you see the splash screen.

That should get you going I think. ALT + F12 shouldn't bring up a boot menu at all, if you see it then that means the ALT key was not invoked so try again with the other ALT Key
    I did everything, but when I went to boot the computer back, it went into a resest loop. I turned off the power and then back on, which worked. Alt+F12 worked, but it just loaded F3 (probably because of the second power off). I loaded into windows and tried again, but received the Checksum Error Again.

I will try again at a later date, but for right now I do not feel like removing anymore plugs. My displayport cable is difficult to remove and on this most recent start up the monitor would not display because the connection is now a little loose. I would rather need to use F3 bios than need to RMA my video card.

Thank you for all the help.

What do you mean about having to keep removing your video card? You don't need to do that, and you also dont "have" to unplug the PSU either - you can simply unplug it from the wall and then press and hold the case on/off for one minute.

So this happens with any BIOS above F6x? How about if you flash in F4-F5 first, then try the later BIOSes? I know you are tired of the hassle, just trying to help you get it sorted out.

I will give it another try tonight. I though I was supposed to remove all usb/other connections from the computer before unplugging the power. One thing I noticed is that when I connect displayport, it will turn the fan led and motherboard led on even without the power supply plugged in. I am not sure if this is because of displayport or my monitor (dell u2311h). When I connect with dvi, this does not happen. I will try one of the earlier versions.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information