Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MA770T UD3P and BE550 kinda slow

Default Re: MA770T UD3P and BE550 kinda slow

Okay Guys:
    I think I found something that may or may not be contributing to my problem. I found an old ASUS graphics board I had forgotten about and installed it in a new XP build and got the same result so that I think my graphics card is okay. However, I decided to only install the drivers for all my hardware on this build and it made a difference. I started looking at the selections that come with my MB (GA-MA-770T-UD3P Rev. 1.1) and discovered Gigabyte offers a power management software on the install disk I had forgotten about. I don`t usually use Cool n` Quiet so I didn`t put it on there last time, 'Browser Configuration Utility', or the dreaded Norton stuff that is on the disk. Just Audio, SB, and NIC drivers and 'Easy Energy Saver'. My computer is much nicer now that power management is out of the picture. There has to have been some sort of conflict in the software for the MB and the graphics card that was causing some of my headaches. I have only been with the new installation for a few days so I can`t say that without a doubt it is a confict, but it sure runs better without all the hubcaps installed. I also figured out a way to not install Catalyst Control Center for my graphics card. Just the driver. I`m hoping this is the answer. I`ve burned up a lot of hours trying to fix something that wound up being my fault for installing stuff I 'hoped' would work okay. Thank You guys very much for the time you have devoted to my problem. I hope this thread helps someone else who might have something similar going on.
    Last edited by plainolguy; 02-14-2011 at 09:22 AM. Reason: I wrote down the wrong chronology.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Nice to see you have made some progress!

Let us know what your final conclusion as to what the problem was once you decide you've narrowed it down.

Hi Lsdmeasap,
    I thought I would let you guys know my computer is much more responsive now that I am not using 'Easy Energy Saver' but that is not all I have discovered.

The stenciling on the board and the board literature indicate the following template for SATA hard drives...

SATA2_1 SATA2_3

SATA2_0 SATA2_2

||||||||| SATA2_5 (The pipes are because the positions wouldn`t stay without them)

||||||||| SATA2_4

Those are the physical positions of the SATA receptacles, however, POST shows an entirely different arrangement.

SATA2_4 POSTs as Drive 0 (1 M)

SATA2_5 POSTs as Drive 1 (1 S)

SATA2_0 POSTs as Drive 2 (2 M)

SATA2_2 POSTs as Drive 3 (2 S)

SATA2_1 POSTs as Drive 4 (3 M)

SATA2_3 POSTs as Drive 5 (3 S)

I`m assuming the BIOS software is generic to several different boards then. This is why XP kept jumbling up my drives in 'Disk Management'.
    This might explain somewhat my observation that interrupt request weren`t being honored? I don`t know. But it would seem Gigabyte would have
    taken more care in fitting the software to each board`s idosynchrosies. Maybe they haven`t noticed this at all. Stuff happens right? It might help them to
    track down customer`s problems and issues can be resolved without sending things back when there is actually nothing wrong except labelling. Anyway, my machine is running well now that I have slimmed down the power management portion and Gigabyte is still my choice when it comes to motherboards.

Again, Thank You and Chike for all your help. Success to you!
    Last edited by plainolguy; 02-24-2011 at 11:46 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information