Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte P67 UD3P Can't get into bios

Default Gigabyte P67 UD3P Can't get into bios

I just started my new system and I'm having trouble. I get to the POST screen, but I cannot press any buttons. I tried a USB keyboard and a PS/2 keyboard. Now it is rebooting about every 15 seconds, and I know the power supply is good. Is my cpu bad?
    Last edited by cory1234; 02-03-2011 at 12:52 AM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte P67 UD3P Can't get into bios

If it's booting and you see the post/Splash screen it's safe to assume the CPU is fine.

Have you cleared the CMOS yet? If not do that by removing the power cables from the board, and then short the clear CMOS pins for 10-15 seconds, then plug the board back and and see if it will boot.

Can you please list your full hardware, thanks!

i5 2500K w/ TRUE
    40gb Kingston SSD / 500GB Sata HDD
    Gigabyte UD3P
    Corsair TX 650W
    2x2gb OCZ
    CM 690 II
    EVGA 460 gtx EE 1gb

I tried clearing the CMOS by using a screw driver. Nothing. I'm not sure if it is the motherboard..I've gone through 3 Asus Pro's already. The first one just died and shut off just browsing the web, and the next 2 never POSTed. Could there be something wrong with my power supply? Maybe one of the cables went? I am starting to think that there is no way 4 motherboards in a row are bad. This is really frustrating.

Edit: Tested with a different set of RAM and now the computer does not shut off. It just sits at the screen with the big Gigabyte logo showing the options. Can't press any button.
    Last edited by cory1234; 02-02-2011 at 11:00 PM.

Check all your cables,psu and esp hdd data cables,try with another psu if you can
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    Check all your cables,psu and esp hdd data cables,try with another psu if you can
    I just tested another power supply and now the 15-20 second reboot issue is back, and resetting the CMOS isn't fixing it this time. Other power supply didn't work. All of the LED's for the cpu are lit when the computer starts. I plugged in the speaker and it makes one short beep signalling successful boot. If I take out the RAM it makes continuous long beeps which isn't the correct error message.

85% sure my power supply is fine.
    100% sure graphics is fine.
    100% RAM is fine.
    100% HDD's/DVD drive is fine.
    CPU?
    Mobo?

Only 2 options left. I'm going to check the connectors in the back of the case next, but I don't see why that would stop it from letting the keyboard work.

I really can't believe I received another DOA motherboard, so I'm leaning towards RMAing the CPU, but more expert input would be appreciated first. I've built several computers and never had issues like these.

I would carefully inspect the CPU socket next for any bent pins,try with one stick of ram installed too

Try without the ssd connected aswell just incase its that that's causing the hangs
    Last edited by wazza300; 02-03-2011 at 12:19 AM.
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    I would carefully inspect the CPU socket next for any bent pins,try with one stick of ram installed too

Try without the ssd connected aswell just incase its that that's causing the hangs
    I tried without any SATA ports connected. It makes no difference. I know there are no bent pins. Like I said I've been having issues with this P67 platform. I've only had one board work for a total of one day. Also tried one stick of two different sets of RAM in each slot .

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I would test with different memory and PSU before I decided to RMA the board or CPU, and if those do not help board would be my next thoughts.

But since you've had issues with 4 boards all the same it could be the CPU, but I would still test with different memory and PSU since you've used those all through the 4 boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    I would test with different memory and PSU before I decided to RMA the board or CPU, and if those do not help board would be my next thoughts.

But since you've had issues with 4 boards all the same it could be the CPU, but I would still test with different memory and PSU since you've used those all through the 4 boards.
    I have tested it with different RAM and power supply. It either has to be the CPU or Mobo or something causing a short somewhere in the case. I don't think it's the case as my 1156 build was working perfectly fine in the case. As you said..the odds of having 4 bad motherboards in a row has to be astronomical.

I cannot get the motherboard to stop the resetting cycle now as I could before..it sits at the splash screen for ~15 seconds and then restarts.

Is it possible that when my first Asus Pro died suddenly it took the cpu with it? Nothing on the cpu looked burned or out of the ordinary, and I checked the sockets on every board when I took the cpu out. All of them looked fine.
    Last edited by cory1234; 02-03-2011 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post

I have tested it with different RAM and power supply(Kingston HyperX/OCZ 550w modular). It either has to be the CPU or Mobo or something causing a short somewhere in the case. I don't think it's the case as my 1156 build was working perfectly fine in the case.

Is it possible that when my first Asus Pro died suddenly it took the cpu with it? I really don't want to RMA a working part, but I really don't know what to do next. I'm on the verge of just selling everything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information