Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [GIGABYTE] Retrieve Announcement B2 - Updated - All New B3 6 Series Motherboards

kick is offline Senior Member

Default Re: [GIGABYTE] Retrieve Announcement for Intel 6-Series B2 Stepping Based Motherboard

Im not worried about the grammar too much,but there does seem to be some divergence between the official line and deals with retailers,in Europe at least.

Is it a case of , well if the cpu's are still being sold the mobos will be too at end user's discretion .I mean its not a case of some have stopped selling and some havent yet. Its some stopped and then resumed.
    Will mboards be replaced with current stock,if there is any problem till b3 is available ?
    The boards arent being retrueved, universally.
    A brand new line of b3 based mobo's.well yes they would be brand new if they have a revised chipset in them but will there be new features , more sata 3 ports on the cheaper boards for example and will buyers both before and after jan 31 get new features for free on b3 replacement or just whatever is closest to their old board.
    Last edited by kick; 02-06-2011 at 07:28 AM.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Default Re: [GIGABYTE] Retrieve Announcement for Intel 6-Series B2 Stepping Based Motherboard

Why isn't Gigabyte handling the returns/exchanges directly like ASUS?

The problem I am having is that the people at TigerDirect.com are not very knowledgeable or helpful.

I have called twice. The last time, the CSR told me my only option is to return the Gigabyte motherboard for a refund.

The problem is that I am using it as my main work computer. I explained that to them. I explained that I do not want to be without a computer until April, best case. TigerDirect's response was that I only had 30 days to return the defective motherboard.

Then he said, "We can do an exchange, but we don't have anything to exchange it for right now. But when the new replacements are available we can ship that to you." Great, I am thinking. But then I ask, "But the replacement motherboards will not be available in 30 days." The CSR says, "Oh, well in that case, I will send you a return shipping label now so you can return the board before 30 days. Then we will ship you the replacement when it becomes available."

WTF!! That's the exact reason why I DON'T want to return the board right now. I tried to explain this to the CSR, but he got completely confused and said, "Well, let me just issue you a refund and you can send the motherboard back. Problem solved!" Huh?

This conversation went around and around as I tried to explain to him the issue of being without a motherboard until April. He said, "Oh it won't take more than 30 days. Don't worry about it." WTF?! Finally he checked with someone else and came back and said, "Oh, I guess it will take more than 30 days. I will send out a return shipping label to you now so you can return the defective board. But the shipping label will expire in 30 days."

Really? Am I being Punk'd?

So much for TigerDirect. Why can't Gigabyte step up and let us get replacements directly rather than dealing with the idiots at the retailers.

Someone please let me know I have another option.

Thanks,

-Darin

I'm on the same boat as darinf. Long story short, I can RMA my motherboard within 30 days, but I can't exchange it after that period. Hopefully Gigabyte will do what they can rectify this situation for those of us who didn't buy from Newegg.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I am sure they will be making a new announcement on their intentions as soon as they have everything figured out.

I will keep you guys posted

Thumbs down Re: [GIGABYTE] Retrieve Announcement for Intel 6-Series B2 Stepping Based Motherboard

Here's the response I got from Gigabyte customer service today:

Dear Customer,

As you may have heard, Intel has announced a potential design error in the new Intel 6 series chipsets. GIGABYTE stands behind all our products, and is committed to the highest quality product and customer support services. As an owner of a GIGABYTE 6 series motherboard, we recommend you return your product to your place of purchase for a refund. GIGABYTE is working with our vast network of distributors, and retailer/online dealers to streamline refunds with minimal inconvenience on customers end.

Thank you for choosing in GIGABYTE products

Customer Service Center

GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY
    TEL: 1-626-854-9338 op. 4
    FAX: 1-626-854-9326
    EMAIL: services@gigabyte-usa.com
    RMA: rma_index
    Nice. So Gigabyte is saying we should return the motherboards now for the refund and be without a computer until April? Can you see why it's bad to force Gigabyte customers to deal with the recall through the retail channels?

Unlike ASUS and other motherboard manufacturers, Gigabyte isn't willing to deal with their end users.

I tried to request an RMA for my Gigabyte motherboard. My RMA request was denied:

Dear Customer,

We received your RMA request AXXXXXX for your warranty service. Unfortunately, your request was declined.
    The most common reasons why it was declined are:

* Out of warranty
    * Non GBT product (Wrong model name)
    * Incorrect Serial Number/Invoice Number
    * Duplicate request
    * Non North America return shipping address

For more specific details, please use the following link to inquire about your RMA:RMA
    Remark section will display exact reason why your request was declined.

Thank you for your attention.
    Sincerely yours,
    Gigabyte Inc.
    Customer Service Center
    Thanks Gigabyte! I should have bought an ASUS...

-Darin

What is your RMA number, then we can look to see why your RMA was denied.

Did you check, if not you can look here as linked above
    RMA

RMA request A101933

Thanks!

Did you look at the above link?

I'd need your phone # and zip code to check myself, sorry I didn't know I'd also need that.

Please follow the above link, put in your details and see why it says denied.

NO matter what combination of phone numbers ans zip codes and RMA#'s I type in, it says no record found.

Do I have an RMA# or RMA request number? The e-mail says "A101933" but the field on the website only takes 6 characters, so I tried dropping the A, but no go.

I have two different phone numbers and tried both of those.

I can't figure it out.

Hmm, please send me a PM with your email, phone numbers and an image of your RMA email.

You may be able to check the RMA by logging in and then clicking the view status.

Also, yes try RMA request number as well. And try your phone with and without dashes.

You can also directly reply to the denial email and ask them why it was denied, and tell them the included link is not working to show you any information.

Try here too, it's a different address
    RMA

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information