Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sandybridge using Sata 3 6gb/s ports only + grab any cost reductions .

kick is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Sandybridge using Sata 3 6gb/s ports only + grab any cost reductions .

mm read the post psycho.. oems discovered the problem is what i said.Perhaps it should have said oems are a main driving force or oems are a main concern of mbrd manufacturers and hence intels.
    there is no fictional what if situation discussion .I merely posed the situation to think about,if you want. If you dont thats np either.
    Mbrd manufacturers are more concerned with their oem customers and why shouldnt they be. Its only buisness., dell dont do motherboards but do order them specially in bulk.
    Hi volume mbrd manufacturers get big volume sales fom oems.. its just the way it works.
    The fix and how intel are going to do it.. i dunno if anyone cares, but essentially the part that is susceptible to overvoltage will be turned off completely.Its not relevant.
    My post and information is about what is going on now and how we the end users can operate.
    Lets not think "we are the world, we are the children" is piped thru as background music for all corporate,wholesaler and retailer meetings.

Buy it at your own risk is implicit if the items are still for sale, at least if you know of the problem.
    In the sense it is self evident.the sellers have provided information on the possibly defective product.if you choose to buy it without a post problem price reduction thats too bad.
    Where is the question of entitlement to a discount?and I didnt ask should I be entitled to one. Perhaps those who have already purchased problem items should be but thats another q.
    The boards which should be withdrawn from sale according to a point of view arent being withdrawn or at least they have been reintroduced, so there we are.
    If buying at my own risk of inconvenience, I would like a discount, on the original "pre problem" price otherwise why should I buy at the original release price.. seems like common sense . retailers who stock and sell the defective mbrds to go with the instock cpu's which are still available arent "good samaritans " either
    They arent stocking items cos they feel sorry for poor folk whove been waiting for p67 items and theyre pere noel/santa claus.If they wanna offer it for sale then give a discount for risk n inconvenience ill bite.

The point is the stock isnt being exchanged cos maybe it cant be for 1,2 maybe 3 months . Why they dont return it for a full wholesale refund.. maybe theyve been told.. no refunds.. when we get our new chips and compensation , you will get yours.
    caveat emptor.
    My post is concerned with the situation as it is now not some theoretical as weed like it to be.
    Last edited by kick; 02-04-2011 at 05:42 PM.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information