Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GA-EX58-UD5 rev 1.0 & i7 920 (D0) Problem. :(

Default Re: GA-EX58-UD5 rev 1.0 & i7 920 (D0) Problem. :(

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    It's worth a try,try installing latest intel inf chipset drivers too
    Ok, I've just updated to the latest chipset drivers and I've installed the LAN driver plus the diagnostic utility but still nothing from the LAN ports.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. :)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

OK, let's start with the onboard LAN.

When you last flashed the BIOS, did you disable Keep DMI Pool Data before the flash? If not please flash again using Qflash and disable this before you flash, then once done do the load optimized dance and get back into the BIOS once you are done.

Then, on the MAIN page of the BIOS press F9 for system Info. On the box that comes up do you see a MAC address next to either LAN?

While we are waiting for you to check into this, can you please link to the exact PCIE network card you are trying, and tell us what slot you are trying to use it in. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    OK, let's start with the onboard LAN.

When you last flashed the BIOS, did you disable Keep DMI Pool Data before the flash? If not please flash again using Qflash and disable this before you flash, then once done do the load optimized dance and get back into the BIOS once you are done.

Then, on the MAIN page of the BIOS press F9 for system Info. On the box that comes up do you see a MAC address next to either LAN?

While we are waiting for you to check into this, can you please link to the exact PCIE network card you are trying, and tell us what slot you are trying to use it in. Thanks
    The PCI-E card that I am using is an Edmiax Gigabit PCI-E EN-9260TX-E. I have tried it in each PCI-E slot including the expansions.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Thanks for the info, so all the same right no matter what slot is used right?

Let me know how you get along with the rest of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Thanks for the info, so all the same right no matter what slot is used right?

Let me know how you get along with the rest of that.
    Ok sorry for the late reply been at work!

Yes all the same outcome in each PCI-E slot.

I flashed the BIOS with the f13j and back to f12 loading optimized defaults each time then pressing F9, the system information shows no MAC address for both LAN port's it just says "N/A".

Cheers.

I have a suggestion that is highly unlikely to solve your horrible situation. But it may be worth a shot...

You say that you have a sound card on a pci slot and a nic on a pcie x1 slot, right? It might be possible then that your ICH is not getting enough Vs. Why don't you test raising the ICH VCORE above 1.1V. You have it on AUTO right now. If this doesn't work, then you might as well return it back to AUTO.

Also, why don't you enable virtualization, cpu thermal monitor, and bi-directional prochot. This has nothing to do with your situation. but still, I don't know of a reason why you'd not want to activate these features...

Quote Originally Posted by ROSESTEEL View Post
    I have a suggestion that is highly unlikely to solve your horrible situation. But it may be worth a shot...

You say that you have a sound card on a pci slot and a nic on a pcie x1 slot, right? It might be possible then that your ICH is not getting enough Vs. Why don't you test raising the ICH VCORE above 1.1V. You have it on AUTO right now. If this doesn't work, then you might as well return it back to AUTO.
    Quote Originally Posted by ROSESTEEL View Post
    Also, why don't you enable virtualization, cpu thermal monitor, and bi-directional prochot. This has nothing to do with your situation. but still, I don't know of a reason why you'd not want to activate these features...

I've just tried upping the ICH core at all intervals up to 1.2V but still the same outcome, BIOS resets if I shut down the PC and turn it back on.

I've also enabled virtulization, thermal monitor and be-directional prochot as well.

Thanks.

I suppose a simple test might be to remove the sound card and see if the nic powers on...

ah, I see.

You hadn't posted when I wrote the above message. :)

I'm sorry to hear this didn't work. But it was a long shot. ^^;

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information