Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 920-D0 with X58A-UD5 (v1.0) trying to get past 4.2Ghz... Not having any luck

Default Re: 920-D0 with X58A-UD5 (v1.0) trying to get past 4.2Ghz... Not having any luck

Still stuck at a 219blk... with a 21 multi... I'm 4.6Ghz....

Uncore at 16, Mem SPD is 8 Clock drives are at your template values 900-800mV
    and here are my voltage settings...

CPU
    Load Line Calibration ................. [Level 1]
    CPU Vcore ............................... [1.4]
    QPI/VTT Voltage 1.150v ............ [Started at 1.30 went up to 1.40] and still getting BSOD Error 0x000000124
    CPU PLL 1.800v ....................... [Auto]

MCH/ICH
    PCIE 1.500v ........................... [Auto]
    QPI PLL 1.100v ....................... [Auto]
    IOH Core 1.100v ..................... [1.14]
    ICH I/O 1.500v ....................... [Auto]
    ICH Core 1.1v ........................ [Auto]

DRAM
    DRAM Voltage 1.500v .............. [1.64]

any suggestions?

Vin

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: 920-D0 with X58A-UD5 (v1.0) trying to get past 4.2Ghz... Not having any luck

Pushing Bclk that high isn't really ideal for stability for daily use.

If you want to run 4.5 or above you may be out of luck for a fully stable system.

You could try 17 uncore and see if that helps, you will and still need more QPI/Vtt though since you are getting 124 BSOD's and you are pushing very high bclk which requires this to be high.

CPU
    Load Line Calibration ................. [Level 1]
    CPU Vcore ............................... [1.4]-1.45
    QPI/VTT Voltage 1.150v ............ 1.425-1.5
    CPU PLL 1.800v ....................... [Auto]1.6-1.76

MCH/ICH
    PCIE 1.500v ........................... [Auto]
    QPI PLL 1.100v ....................... [Auto]
    IOH Core 1.100v ..................... [1.14]
    ICH I/O 1.500v ....................... [Auto]
    ICH Core 1.1v ........................ [Auto]

DRAM
    DRAM Voltage 1.500v .............. [1.64]

This isn't for 24/7 use. I want to see how high I can go. and do some benching in the process. I just need my OS to be stable for about 5-10 minutes at a time. Re-Boot and then re-test. and at the moment I am doing all this testing on Air in my Garage... with winter here ambient is just about -10 to -20 deg C...

I already have my 24/7 OC and that's at about 3.5Ghz, x21multi and my memory is just around 2000Mhz. Core is at about 1.250 to 1.275 if I remember right... and my idle temps are at about 40 degrees, and about 65 Degrees loaded thanks to my Corsair H70. But now that I have new memory, I need to work on getting the timings dialed down.

And I'm not running the H70 right now because I am leaving the PC in my garage and with it being this cold... the H70 wouldn't survive.

So are there any dangers on running QPI/VTT up as high as 1.5v? I know the core is safe that high but I have never read a "Safe" max for QPI.

Vin

Running the system at the recommended voltages causes my system to just turn off once it gets loaded and just re-boots. Nothing comes up in the event viewer at all. I have a 950W Single Rail Corsair. and I'm running a GTX480 so I'm thinking that it's just too much while in an heavy OC.

So until I get more power in her, I think I have reached my cap.

any thoughts? or would you agree?

Vin

Can you clarify what you mean by "recommended voltages?" Are you referring to your QPI/VTT=1.5V? :)

I'm sure the snow outside is beautiful...and cold. But be careful. :)

QPI/Vtt 1.5 or above will be fine for short benches, I've ran 1.5-1.6 for long extended periods under heavy stress and had no issues.

Some XMP's come programmed with 1.6-1.7 even, so it is ok to use if you are wanting to bench or do short things as you mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by ROSESTEEL View Post
    Can you clarify what you mean by "recommended voltages?" Are you referring to your QPI/VTT=1.5V? :)

I'm sure the snow outside is beautiful...and cold. But be careful. :)
    LSD recomended some voltage settings above, those were the ones I was refering too.

Vin

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    QPI/Vtt 1.5 or above will be fine for short benches, I've ran 1.5-1.6 for long extended periods under heavy stress and had no issues.

Some XMP's come programmed with 1.6-1.7 even, so it is ok to use if you are wanting to bench or do short things as you mentioned
    Ah, OK. thanks reasone why I was wondering was anything above 1.34 it starts putting the warning colours on.

what do you think about my system just shutting off and re-booting? With no error comming up in the event viewer.. and no BSOD at all....

I'm thinking it the PSU cycling as I think 950 watts may not be enough to get where I want to go.

Vin

Those warnings are fine to ignore since you know what you are doing, and planning to push things. They are there for users who don't know what they are doing, so they don't accidentally push 1.6V Vcore into there CPU and say "I Didn't know"

When does it shut off like that, and what are you doing? You may need to do the OCP/OVP mod, but I didn't think this was needed until after 5Ghz or more.

I doubt it's your PSU, more likely it's OCP/OVP. I've pushed hard at 5-6Ghz with only a 850W PSU, so unless you think your PSU isn't good enough due to quality I think it's probably not what's doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Those warnings are fine to ignore since you know what you are doing, and planning to push things. They are there for users who don't know what they are doing, so they don't accidentally push 1.6V Vcore into there CPU and say "I Didn't know"

When does it shut off like that, and what are you doing? You may need to do the OCP/OVP mod, but I didn't think this was needed until after 5Ghz or more.

I doubt it's your PSU, more likely it's OCP/OVP. I've pushed hard at 5-6Ghz with only a 850W PSU, so unless you think your PSU isn't good enough due to quality I think it's probably not what's doing this.
    whats the OCP/OVP Mod? and when it powers down is when it just comes under load. I'll start Prime for example, and about 10-20 seconds in my temps get up to and bounce around 60-70 degrees and boop, turns off and re-boots.

I'm moding in a second PSU to run intandem, I'll have the 950 run the CPU and the second 750w will run my GTX480 and HD's and what not. that's my thought anyway.

Vin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information