Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 920-D0 with X58A-UD5 (v1.0) trying to get past 4.2Ghz... Not having any luck

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: 920-D0 with X58A-UD5 (v1.0) trying to get past 4.2Ghz... Not having any luck

It's a HARD MOD, physical modification to your board that would/may void your warranty. If you want a link to it let me know.

OCp/OVP is Overclock/Overvoltage protection, but it usually doesn't kick in until you pass 5Ghz or more.

Sounds like you may be hitting it though, if your PSU mod idea doesn't help then I'd think this is probably what it is unless the voltages are off terribly causing the crash.

Default Re: 920-D0 with X58A-UD5 (v1.0) trying to get past 4.2Ghz... Not having any luck

Ya, I would love a link. sorry for the late reply, I have been away from home.

as for the warranty, my MB is only a few months from the end of the warranty period. so that won't matter shortly.

I will be trying my PSU mod on Friday, so I will know shortly if that is the issue.

Vin

yep, looks like the board. running anything higher than 1.38vcore and 1.40QPI/VTT and get the re-boot.

if my temp gets anywhere near or over 75 degrees C it re-boots. and it only needs to be at 75 for a second or less and she goes.

my idle temp was at 36 degrees and when running prime95 for about a minute my temps slowly goes up to 75 and as soon as I see 75 in realtemp, poof.

and I swapped my OC from CPU to memory, and I really see how much QPI/VTT is needed for memory speeds above 2000mhz. I throttled the CPU down to 4.0ish Ghz and ran my memory at x10 and uncore at x20 and x21. and my memory was in the area of 2000-2100 (I was playing around) and my vcore was at 1.25v and my qpi/vtt was at 1.52v and poof, re-boots again...

221blk is my max and to run any benches my max CPU clock is in the area of 4.0-4.2ghz... hurts when looking at HWBOT and seeing other members there hiting 4.6Ghz+ with AIR cooling and even Stock cooling... but I know not all HW is created equal, mine just seems to be on the lower end of it.

So I'll take that link.

Vin

Today I updated my bios from F5 to F6 and at 4.6Ghz running wPrime my temps went up to 90 degrees and my system didn't reboot like it has been at 75.

also now to run 21x200 my vcore only has to be in the area 1.3v and not 1.3875v... not that I am complaining... but what is with that? also my qpi/vtt is down from 1.38v to 1.32v...

this is sweet, so I don't think I need that link anymore.

now I need to start doing some benching under heavy water or maybe even DICE.

Vin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information