Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GA-H67MA-UD2H and Sleep/Suspend Troubleshooting

Default GA-H67MA-UD2H and Sleep/Suspend Troubleshooting

Hi everyone,

I was directed here by jaquith over at the Tom's Hardware forums. I'm having trouble getting my first build to sleep/suspend. Selecting suspend from System -> Shut Down in Ubuntu results in the screen locking, but the system fans and the power LED stay on, while entering s2ram in the terminal results in a "Machine is unknown error." When I select sleep from the shut down menu in Windows 7, the screen briefly turns black and then immediately turns back on; I have disabled every option I could find that would cause the computer to wake.

I'm using a GA-H67MA-UD2H and an intel 2500k (I know). The only peripheral I have connected is a Logitech unifying receiver, which seems to have caused problems for some people.

I was just wondering if anyone has experienced a similar problem or has any other advice.

Thanks!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-H67MA-UD2H and Sleep/Suspend Troubleshooting

What's wrong with 2500k?

Well since these are all very new, S3 may not be worked out in all BIOSes yet. This always happens with each new round of boards, it often takes several rounds of BIOS updates before S3 Sleep is smoothly working.

All you can do if you are already using the very latest Beta BIOS is to use S1 sleep for now while you wait for this to be corrected.

Out of curiosity, are you overclocking or does this happen at stock too? If stock then it's for sure the BIOS needs to be worked on still.

I have P67 here, but haven't got into S3 testing yet, will shortly because I've noticed a few asking about it already, but I mentally refer to the above at first as I know it to be the case with new boards.

Very interesting. Thanks for the information.

The problem is occurring at stock speed. I believe that the H67 boards actually preclude overclocking, which is why the 2500k might seem like an odd choice. I'm hoping to get a working build with somewhat decent graphics before I start experimenting with discreet cards.

I am also having some trouble with S1 sleep, but this may have been due to a driver issue.

I have not yet updated original BIOS, but I think that will be my next step.

Thanks again!

Then it's a BIOS issue they haven't worked out yet is all, they'll get it fixed just have to give it time.

You can overclock on H67. And now that you mention you are on the original BIOS, yes please update the BIOS and see if that helps as they may have corrected it already.

Latest BIOS is here
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...test-bios.html

You'll have to flash from DOS or use @BIOS for the first flash, after that you can use Qflash

I think I'll stay away from @BIOS after reading the beginning of your Q-flash guide!

I'll have to read up on the other options.

edit: I'm having some trouble understanding why I cannot use Q-flash; can you explain?
    Last edited by dan55; 02-06-2011 at 06:38 AM.

@BIOS is ok to use on P67, they have improved it a lot since I wrote that guide.

But yes, in general it is best to not flash BIOS from windows. So you can use flashSPI via DOS, or CD.

Qflash that comes with the shipped BIOSes needs updated to work with the new BIOS is why Qflash will not work, once you flash to the newer BIOSes it will be updated and then you can use Qflash after that as you normally would.

I see, thanks. Can I use two USB flash drives instead of floppy disks to flash from DOS?

edit: I missed that you mentioned flashSPI via CD. I'm assuming this means that floppy disks are not necessary to flash the BIOS. I think I'm confused by the difference between flashSPI and the Dos Flash Utility mentioned on the GB website. Are these identical?

Thanks very much for your help!
    Last edited by dan55; 02-08-2011 at 01:32 AM.

Chike is offline Senior Member

You only need one bootable USB Flash Drive, put both flashspi and the BIOS file on it.

Yes, they are the same FlashSPI and any DOS flash utility mentioned on the Gigabyte site, they've renamed it a few times is all.

You do not need floppy, you can do the first flash from DOS via CD or USB. Or with the latest @BIOS (Not on CD) if you want it done quick and now, it'll be ok, trust me.

My own stupidity led me to a temporary fix when trying to flash via flashSPI/DOS. I have two HDDs with Ubuntu on one and Windows 7 on the other. After failing to boot from a USB drive, I accidently changed the boot priority so that Windows 7 boots first and now S3 sleep seems to be working. I'm not sure if this indicates a BIOS "problem" or something else.

Regarding the BIOS flashing, do I not need a drive formatted for MS-DOS? Also, I see four USB drive options when selecting boot options (USB-FDD, USB-ZIP, USB-CDROM, USB-HDD) and am not sure which to select.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information