Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Overclocking a Intel Q9300 on a GA-P43-ES3G (rev1.4) and memory speed problem

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Overclocking a Intel Q9300 on a GA-P43-ES3G (rev1.4) and memory speed problem

Run the calibreation test, this should give us a clue what the real temperatures are.

Default Re: Overclocking a Intel Q9300 on a GA-P43-ES3G (rev1.4) and memory speed problem

Chike,
    Just to be clear. Should I go back to stock (initial BIOS settings) with EIST enabled and set the cores to 7C above my intake air temp setting with tham at idle? (After they settle say 5 minites) Sound about correct?
    BD

Yes defaults, then set CPU Ratio 6, and vcore 1.1v manually.
    And don't forget the intake temps as well.
    If temps are way off from 6-7c from ambiant than maybe a lower TJmax is set.

Chike,
    I "calibrated" and here is what I got. I used a +7C from ambient as a target. Started at 24C Ambient air +7c = 31C as a start point. seems to me to be a conservative # to start at. That is what I "calibrated" to with 6x and 1.1 only one core, #2 was running at 2% and I let it "settle in" for 30min at that setting.
    Real Temp and Core Temp do not play well with each other at under ~45C. They need different offsets in order to agree with each other and I decided to match Core Temp to Real Temp in the over 45C range. Under that temp they diverge some but I figure "so what" it is the above 45C that is critical anyway.
    The off sets are:
    Core Temp -11 -05 -08 -10
    Real Temp -17 -14 -9.5 -06
    I also noted that they do not agree as to which processor is which.
    Processor# 0 1 2 3
    Core Temp 0 1 2 3
    Real Temp 0 2 3 1
    Like I said, they do not seem to play well together. However I gave Real Temp the nod as being the one to match Core Temp to it since you recommended using Real Temp as the program to "calibrate" with.
    One question. Now the TjMax is different for the different cores in Real Temp. Do we need to do something with them or just leave them and let the lowest set core act as the "early warning" or the "canary in the coal mine?"
    Here is my run of Prime and IBT after calibration. Note the Max Temps in Real&Core Temp window readings I reset both after Prime going into IBT.
    Do these numbers make more sense to you?
    Thank you for your helping me start to learn "The Black Art" of OCing!
    BD
    Attached Images Attached Images Overclocking a Intel Q9300 on a GA-P43-ES3G (rev1.4) and memory speed problem-tempsetmatch-jpg 
    GA-EP45-UD3P (Rev.1.6)
    Intel Q9300 Quad
    BIOS Award Ver. 6.00PG (EP45-UD3P FD, as read in EZTune6)
    Noctua NH-D14 Everything dropped by at least 10C and Keeps in mid 40C's Idle & lo 70C's @ 100%(ambient intake air temp ~24C)
    15 Fans (Yes, I like things COOL! They are run on "Quiet" settings thanks to Scythe KS01)
    8 Gigs Memory 4x2Gig G.Skill (GSK F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK R) @ 2.1V 5-5-5-15 1066MHZ tRead 7
    Arctic Cooler DDR2 Memory fans
    PC Power & Cooling Computer Full Tower case
    12- SATA drives mounted in CoolMaster 4-in-3 Device Modules (STB-3T4-E3-GP)
    High Point RocketRaid 3520LF with 5-drives WD7501AALS (Caviar Black) RAID 10 w/Hot Spare and 3-drives WD3000HLFS in RAID 5 (VelociRaptors)FAST controller but HOT 50C needs fan cooler
    2-drives RAID 1 on Promisse Fast Track S150 TX2plus PCI controller (Mirrored)
    2-drives 1-Intel SSD 40Gig(page file) 1-WD 750Gig connected to motherboard.
    2- DvD drives 1-SATA 1-IDE
    Corsair 1200W Power supply (Nice to change power cable options)
    AeroCool EasyWatch - 3-Fan speed controller with alarm (for drive cages)
    2-Scythe "Kraze Server" KS01 Fan controllers ( Air intake Temp & axillary fan speed , CPU Temp & fan speed , axillary exhaust Air Temp & fan speed , RocketRaid 3520 RAID controller (Extremely HOT 55C) Temp & fan speed , Northbridge Temp fan speed & Soundcard/Promisse RAID) The Scythe KS01 controls fan speed based on temp!!!
    Zalman ZM-MFC-2 fan controller and power consumption meter (Air intake Temp primary fan, GPU Temp fan speed
    Sapphire Radon HD 5570 with a Antec® Cyclone® Blower Expansion Slot Cooler for it.
    Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro 5.1 Surround
    Windows XP Pro SP3

How did you calibrate RealTemp?
    The idle calibration field is not an offset.
    Try TJmax 90 (like offset -10) for cores 0 & 3 and TJmax 95 (offset -5) for cores 1 & 2, and adjust idle calibration as needed.
    See if high temps make more sense.

Chike,
    So does the TjMax change the settings that I did with the Idle settings? I do not have a clear understanding of what this is about. The Real temp documentation that I got at Techpowerup.com is not very clear. Is there another site with better information about this?
    Thanks,
    BD
    Last edited by Big Duck; 04-04-2011 at 11:29 AM.

Changing TJ max is just like having an offset, the idle calibration is meant to correct the slope at low temperatures.

The sensors only report distance to TJmax. The software take this valu and substract it from a "known" TJmax, and display this value as the current temperature. Different models/stepping CPUs has different TJmax.
    That is why I have said before that the distance to TJmax is not going to change, because it is the actual reading from the CPU.
    Core Temp use an offset, RealTemp let you change TJmax, but the result is the same.

Chike,
    Also when you refer to the settings please specify which program you are referring to CT or RT I will assume that in CT you mean cores left to right and in CT I will go according to the core #s in the program. I adjusted RT in this fashion. What am I looking for as results
    Bd?

The cores are as you numbered them, though to me it looks, by the adjustments you made, that RealTemp cores are 0 3 2 1, when compared to Core Temp.

The result we looking for are more even temp at high temperatures.

Chike,
    Is there a way to run one core at a time?
    BD

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread Information