Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: X48-DQ6 SSD Serious Problem

Default Re: X48-DQ6 SSD Serious Problem

^Also, don't forget that loading optimized will reset your BIOS settings, including resetting AHCI to IDE. ^^

Can you enter Windows from SAFE MODE...press F8? Hopefully, Rapid Storage Driver will not load.

(1) What Kingston SSD are you using?

(2) With the SSD disconnected, would you run Memtest?

Also, try turning off the power saving feature that puts drives to sleep. Select "never."

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

Check out http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post381120, post #35 where:
    • ssd formatted and 4K aligned using all available ssd space (before win7 install)
    • no hard drives were installed
    • system running at stable stock settings (no overclock)
    • ssd connected to Sata2_0 port
    • AHCI mode enabled using Sata Port0-3 mode = Native
    • temporarily set the SSD as the first boot device
    • booted from ide DVD using F12 at boot screen to select the DVD as the boot drive
    • installed win7 and then applied all required chipset and other updates
    • connected my hdd after the o/s installation and all updates had completed
    I wasn't able to install RST on my P35-DS3L ICH9 system.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

1) Memory is not the problem, I can still boot my old drive perfectly fine and run my other install of 7 perfectly fine the only problem here is mobo + drivers. Like I said windows will run just fine on the SSD without installing the RST drivers.

2) Kingston SSD now V 128gb

3)Havent tried safe mode, will try as soon as I get home and report back.

4)As for profjim post, I will try some of the steps mentioned in your post but why couldn't you install RST on your mobo?

5)I forgot to mention im using the latest 10.6 intel RST drivers
    Last edited by mourningstar625; 02-10-2011 at 11:34 PM.

Whatever the issue, the RST is likely the culprit in your situation. At least confirm that you can shut down and restart and load Windows properly several times without the driver.

Okay I just got home, booted into safe mode and windows does load. Here is the strange thing I load AS SSD bench and it says its using iaStor driver WTFFFFFFFFF??!?!?!?!??!?!?! how can it boot fine in safe mode with that driver and not regular ?

You may have to run driver verifier and BSOD/dump readers here to diagnose your issue. There's probably some sort of conflict at the driver level. I don't think this is a hardware issue.

Hardware and Drivers Forum

This is a great forum to ask about conflicts within the Windows environment. Someone there can explain to you how to run the program, which was included in your Windows installation--you already have it installed. And they can help you to understand what the crash dumps say. The purpose of this program is to find the conflict, cause your system to crash, and leave behind a crash dump file so you can tell what driver is causing the problem. You need administrator rights to run it and end it. Once you start, it will run until it finds a crash. It is like a stress test for your driver.

There are some issues that they may not be able to help you with. For instance, they can't help you with the slow Win7 installation issue. I have only ever experienced slow installation of Windows when I tried to install onto a system that was not stable. But other people have had this issue when their system was stable. Microsoft does not have a solution at this time for your problem there. IF they do, please tell me. ^^;

One thing you might try is to uninstall this driver. Restart. Press F8 to reenter Safe Mode. And then reinstall the driver in Safe Mode. See if that helps.

Question. If you uninstall the Intel driver, do you think you would be able to enter the Windows environment again?

^ I should have mentioned...

The reason I think the problem is software and not hardware is because you seem not to have trouble using the SSD in Safe Mode... If you can use it, then it may not be faulty... Your trouble occurs when you try to access the normal Windows environment...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information