Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: problem with latest audio Realtek Function Driver R2.54 (dated 2-11-2011)

Default Re: problem with latest audio Realtek Function Driver R2.54 (dated 2-11-2011)

Always satisfy as long as it works and don't push it too hard

To cut the story short, I had uninstalled the working Realtek sound driver and re-installed the earlier version from the Gigabyte installation disc (testing, for the hell of it.). Rebooted and looked ok. Another shut down and rebooted, Windows was in a freeze mode. Rebooted again, after showing Welcome Windows, wow BSOD (fatal error shut down!) !!!!

Many attempts to start Windows with various methods (safe mode, last known successful boot, unplugged everything, cosmo reset, etc) still getting a BSOD!

Ok, went to the repair mode via Win 7 installation disc, tried to do a system restore (I created one less than 2 days ago), picked the point of time, then click, found the C drive but it would not allow me to "check". It says:

"You must enable System Protection for this drive."

So what the ???? (did some Google-fu search and this is not an isolated problem. Found a post but no solution):

System Restore failed - Windows 7 Forums

I could not do a system restore and am contemplating to do a Secure Erase for the four Vertex 2 and fresh install again. I can also do an Image Restore but still need a Secure Erase anyway....
    Last edited by jojodancer; 02-19-2011 at 07:10 AM.
    i7 870 (4.08GHz) / Crosair H70
    4 x 2GB G. Skill DDR3 2200MHz CL7-10-10-26
    Gigabyte P55A-UD6
    2 x MSI HD5870 Lightning II
    4 x OCZ Vertex2 60GB in RAID 0 (OS)
    1 x VelociRaptor SATA3 6GB/s 600GB (games)
    1 x WD BLACK SATA2 2TB (storage)
    Crosair AX1200 power
    LG 8X Blu Ray rewriter
    Plextor 24X DVD rewriter
    Lian Li PC-60FNW
    Lamptron TOUCH fan controller / Noiseblocker PK-3 / 2 x Xigmatek CLF-F1454

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information