Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GA-P67A-UD7 - Problem with SLI when entering 3D mode

Angry GA-P67A-UD7 - Problem with SLI when entering 3D mode

Hi there!

I have a certain problem with my brand new mainboard, the Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7.

OS is Windows 7 x64. All drivers are up-to-date. BIOS is also up-to-date (F7).

So first of all, here is my hardware:
    CPU: i7 2600K
    GFX: 2 x nVidia GTX 280
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H70
    HDD1: OCZ Vertex 2 Ex SSD
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4 GB

As you can see I have two graphics cards. I installed them on the PCIEX16_1 and PCIEX16_2 slot like it is recommended.

Sadly, there is a problem. When entering a game the game starts hanging after a short period of time. The point is, that there was no problem before changing to the new mainboard. Everything worked just fine with the SLI system.

Maybe it is important to mention that I have installed a RAID0 on the additional Marvel controller.

Is it possible that the SLI system is too much for the mainborad? There is a NF200 chip installed on it which handles the PCIEX slots. So I think there is a problem with that chip!

Other wired symptoms are that Furmark works great without any problems. Recently, I discovered that there is no hanging when switching to window mode!

I know its very hard to say but is there anybody who can help me to fix this problem?

cheers!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-P67A-UD7 - Problem with SLI when entering 3D mode

Do you have two SSD in RAID on the Marvell controller? If so, yes that is a problem, but may not be what is causing your SLI issues?

* SATA3 SSDs are not recommended for use in RAID 0 mode on Marvell SE9128 ports.
    GIGABYTE USB 3.0 Motherboards

I would suggest you also try newer or older graphics drivers and be sure you have installed the latest chipset drivers.

Thanks for your reply Lsdmeasap!

No, I have two Samsung Spinpoint F4 320 GB SATAII HDD's in RAID 0! So this should not be the problem!

Latest chipset driver is installed!

Actually, I'm using the nVidia driver version 266.58!

Well, it still could be? I know that controller is buggy, but I am not sure how badly it affects normal hard drives though (Single is OK, RAID may be buggy like SSD too), so it could be or not.

I am an ATI user, so I am not up to date with Nvidia driver versions, but I'd suggest you try out a few even if that is the latest try some older ones instead. Just to rule out drives as an issue.

Yes, I think it must be something like this..

The point is, because of the Intel P67 chipset bug I have to use these SATA III ports because the other two SATA III ports are already busy because of my SSD and another 1 TB HDD.

One possibility is to disable the Marvel controller in the BIOS.

Yes you could disable the Marvell controller and test if that is any part of the problem.

But your games and OS are loading from the Intel 6Gb/s ports right, so it shouldn't matter?

Sadly, games are installed on the HDD's which are in RAID 0 on the Marvel Controller.

So I have to install one game on the data HDD to test it

Well, I don't think that the SLI system is resposible for that issue.

I have the feeling that something is blocking the data bus of the graphics card.

It really could be that the marvel controller is responsible for that problem because as I just said, Furmark is running great without any problems. Games are installed on the RAID system so all the data must be transfered from the RAID to the RAM. Maybe there is really a bug in the controller!

Okay, I can confirm that the Marvell controller is responsible for the described problem. Well, its simply too much for the data bus.

So one solution for that problem is to switch from the Marvell controller to the Intel P67 controller.

Which PSU you using? According to NVIDIA's website, the min recommended PSU is 550W for a single GTX280 card.
    Which game you playing? Is there any patch for that game? And which brand of your 2x GTX280 cards?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information