Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gigabyte G1 Assassin detecting ide drives issue

Unhappy Re: Gigabyte G1 Assassin detecting ide drives issue

Hi there,
    I wanted to confirm that this board has the same issue as the first post.
    I have set the non EFI mode instead of auto for the cd rom, and with the BIOS F4, (not F4a) It detects the drives really fast and doesn't hang. However the system is not stable after heavy stress for 20minutes, it just locks up. It's not overclocked or anything.
    I have tried with different mainboard, different CPU, different motherboard, Kingston and corsair memory, always same issue.
    I hope Gigabyte will have this issue resolve asap as this is a monster board to get just replaced and swaped out with another one, espeically if you are running a watercooled setup.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte G1 Assassin detecting ide drives issue

Please send in a detailed report on the issue and how to replicate it here, if you haven't already, so they can test and try to reproduce the issue and fix it.
    GIGABYTE - Support & Downloads - Technical Support

Thanks!

Default Re: Gigabyte G1 Assassin detecting ide drives issue

Hi there, thanks for the info. I have uploaded the details.

I have found the reason why the system was unstable. It is simple. With 24GB of ram, windows pagefile is too huge, so I set it to 1GB and it's rocket fast.

What happens, if I don't stress the system it is fine with the default auto page file. But under LinX or prime 95, once all the system ram is filled up and used. Windows starts swaping and it seams as an endless loop. Where after certain while you can only move the mouse as even the system time stops responding.

However I haven't figured out a solution for the delay on boot. Other then just never shutting the system off.

Thanks
    Z.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information