Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New over here, help with little OC

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: New over here, help with little OC

Thaiphoon claims they are right.

Was it the latest version of CPU Tweaker?
    Last edited by Chike; 03-12-2011 at 08:16 AM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Looks like two 1600Mhz profiles for sure, one (#2) is probably just for slackers that want to try and push with loose timings or don't want to use higher voltages. Either way, even if they are correct, since CPU-s and SPD tweaker and reading them wrong, the BIOS probably is too.

I still suggest you disable XMP, and set everything yourself, you'd be done by now.

If you must use XMP, please set your Bclk back to 133, then enable the profile you want to use and it will set the intended XMP Bclk, otherwise if you want to change that value you should disable XMP.
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-12-2011 at 11:49 AM.

Chike is offline Senior Member

OCZ site(specs) clearely state profile2 is for 1800.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Either way, even if they are correct, since CPU-s and SPD tweaker and reading them wrong, the BIOS probably is too.
    Hehe, I give GB more credit, and they were set right as you can see in post #13.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap
    I still suggest you disable XMP, and set everything yourself, you'd be done by now.
    I think he was done, just messing with the profiles to make sure there's no problems there.

Even if he set main timings manually, it's still a good idea to use the XMP for other timings that are left on auto.
    XMP is just like the other profiles, only better, you can choose which one to use, when disabled you are totaly depend on BIOS to choose the one to use.
    If there's a bug in BIOS, or one of the software, we'll just have them fix it.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ahh cool, thanks for the link. I didn't check myself to be honest, I was just going off the previous comments in this thread, sorry :(

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information