Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte Assassin Users

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte Assassin Users

Thanks for the further info, I've sent a PM to Sin0822, so hopefully he will stop by this weekend and test for you.

Does HWMonitor also show the same? It's kind of expected with software since these boards are new, but PC health and easytune should correctly display the header and RPM's, so it could be a BIOS bug which is likely since they just started adding so many fan headers to be detected (Starting with this board).

Cant get any software to even see fan#1. Its like it does not exists are far as any software is concerned. Hopefully it is a bios problem.. My dealer has offered to change the board on Monday so hopefully ill get some feedback this weekend.

Regards

Hey man, i got a 120mm fan to work just fine on the fan 1 port, next to the 4 pin molex PCI-E power right? It is a 3 pin spire fan that came with my HSF, down't spin at high RPM and easytune is showing it as working. I would upgrade or uninstall and reinstall easytune to the version available now. With finalwire i sent them a report on the G1 Assassin and they fixed it so that all the sensors worked, here is the updated version: http://www.aida64.com:8081/aida64ext...m5sk0lyfxc.zip

here is the easytune i am using: http://download.gigabyte.asia/FileLi..._et6_intel.exe

next I am using BIOS F2, F3D is a beta, not a final.

You should check to see if there are any breaks between the connection of the 3rd RPM sensor wire and the fan and the connector. My BIOS sees it fine and so does easytune, I tried every fan port and all of them work.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

There is nothing wrong with the fans im using as they all work on the other fan headers. Its looking like a got a problem with the board then. Its pointless using Easytune as the bios is not even registering any rpm readings on fan header#1. have you tried with all fan headers connected?

No i haven't i can try that for you though, it might just be your board. Make sure that there is no screw making a short, maybe try your board out of the case? I will try all fan headers.

here you go man 120mm fan in all fan headers:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Your problem might be with the full amount of current going to each fan, do you have the molex connectors plugged in for extra power? your issue is very weird. The fan works right? just no sensor reading? you might have an isolated case.

Thanks for your testing for him Sin!

So, Memories4Life, you said an 80mm fan works correctly right, and shows RPM's? If so then the board is OK, I was thinking maybe a cut RPM trace, but if you have any fan that does work then it can't be that.

I am not sure what the issue is though, and I find it hard to believe 1 or even 2 fans could be incompatible with a header, sounds impossible to be true. So I am really not sure what is causing this, it would be best if you contact them directly and see if they can get the same exact fans you have and then test themselves.

Hi lsdmeasap,

Yeah i find it strange that all fans tried (different brands) but the 80mm works. Another thing i noticed is that when i first power system on fans are running really low almost to a point where thay are not working. sys_fan, Fan#1, fan#2. (Cpu_fan has a pump attached and fan#3 has a pump attached). But when i get into OS and launch easy tune fans will spin up to correct speed. Im going to return the board tomorrow not sure if ill be going for another gigabyte as i can't afford to have any more down time. I tried to contact Gigabyte before coming to tweaktown but found it impossible to explain to these guys what was happening as they kept on coming back and saying there must be a problem with my fan. Even thou i have explained that i have used a 200mm, 140mm, 120mm (several types) but only the 80mm works and all the fans work on the other headers.

Thanks guys for your help.

Regards

As you can see easytune has not even registered the fans rpm on header #1
    Last edited by Memories4Life; 03-20-2011 at 04:49 PM.

I think as long as the 80mm works that shows the board and BIOS is fine, there is just something wrong with the fans maybe not wanting to power up with less voltage?

Sorry to hear you are returning the board over this, but I do understand where you are coming from.

Another thing i found strange with this board.. Sys_Fan, Fan#1-3 cannot be controlled directly by the bios. Its only the Cpu_Fan that can be controlled. Seems gigabyte has a lack of bios features on this board.!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information